Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently mounted my Yokohama W Drive snow tires onto my 2016 Mazda6 Touring. I got these in January, 2017 used, on Mazda wheels. Maybe 6,000 miles on them from me and look and feel great.

However, they now howl at highway speeds on dry roads. Damn.

The "Outside" is on all the tires and there do not seem to be directional marks. I did not keep track of how they were oriented last year.

Short of rotating each tire and driving 70 mph, any ways to track down how they might be cupped and placing the tires to minimize the howl? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
16,838 Posts
^^ What he said. Tires age with and without use, particularly in areas prone to large temperature swings.

Also, Yokohama W Drive ZPS or V905? The V905 appear more directional in the photos I've than the ZPS.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the helpful info. It took me a couple of days to remember to get pictures, so here they are.
1. Looks like manufacturing date is week 18 of 2015, if I'm reading this right. Correct?
2. looks like tire style is V-902A. Is that an option?
Any of this info change the opinion that they're just wearing out? Thanks!
20191108-Snow tires-IMG_20191108_132030402_HDR.jpg

20191108-Snow tires-IMG_20191108_132040265_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bummer, but thanks for the direct info. Dead due to age? The tread looks okay and there is a bunch of it.

I assume they'll work okay as snow tires? Just howl? And either deal with it or replace them next year?

(I don't save babies or commute much, and Colorado snow/ice is usually pretty dry, so I don't need the greatest snow tires. If it's that bad, I'll stay home.)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts