Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed if you put something small in your cup holder that there's a gap when you close the cover? I've dropped a bulb in there once when i was swapping in an led bulb. Any suggestions as to how to modify or add something there to eliminate any possibility of that happening again? I was thinking about using clear bra to act as a barrier that would follow the curve of the cup holder.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The problem is the underside of the cover is the right side of the cupholder when it is open. So the only thing you can do is try to block off just in front of where the cover comes down on that right side which is where stuff can escape when the cover is closed. It could be really tough to block that area off without interfering with the cover when open.

I've just learned to not put small stuff in there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you remove the console section with cup holder in (it unclips from just inside the centre arm rest box), remembering to undo the clip on the handbrake and the plug on the back of the remote dial you can cover the bottom half of the hole each side eith duct tape. This reduces the risk of small things dropping through as the hole is half the size and no longer flush eith the bottom of the cup holder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts