Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 18 6 GT Reserve , I like to drive with the cruise a lot but when going down hill the car will brake and slow down slower than the set speed of the cruise .This is irritating to say the least I am sure for the person behind me also when the brake lights keep coming on . Why doesn't it just coast why does it apply brakes? Also why wont cruise work with traction control OFF ? Is there a way to override this ?
I have searched and not found any answers .
Thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
17,214 Posts
While I agree with you that it's frustrating when on hilly roads, the purpose of cruise control is to keep the car at a set speed and nothing more. I've just gotten in the habit of turning it off on downhills and letting the car coast - it's only 2 button clicks to turn it off then back on again.

As for the TCS having to be on, Talon is right - they do it because keeping cruise on while on soaking wet roads (or snow for that matter) is not a good idea.

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
And FWIW, the Automatic Cruise Control where it brakes when coming up on cars etc. does not work if you don't have your seat best fastened.
Just to add to this, the Auto Hold also doesn't work without the seatbelt fastened.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 17 GT. When I drive through a curve with the cruise on, I think the speed drops. It recovers when the cars returns to straight.

Anybody have insight on why it does this? It doesn't take a very aggressive curve to cause it. Any mode settings that could cause it to maintain the speed?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
IMO it's part of the stability control. If the computer feels that there's too much lateral acceleration (g's), and a slide could occur, it automatically reduces the speed.

Again, my opinion. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts