Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Audi TT must compete with the Chrysler Crossfire (or backwords). These are spyshots of the Crossfire wíth the TT. I wonder who brought the Audi allong...

I liked the concept Crossfire even better, but the real Cross doens't look bad either.. A 3,2-litre V6 with 215hp will be under the hood

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Crossfire in action..'

The TT is better looking.

But I am worried about what way Audi is going in design...given the new looks of the A6. That is an ugly car!!!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Yeah.. The TT looks better, but its in the same time quite boring compared to the other car.

After what I have seen of the A8 wagon, it can be THE wagon to own... I meen the rear seat legspace... It has more legroom in the back then most.. no all other cars have in the front... Its like a limo with the middle (backwards) seat removed. Totaly enormous.. And it looks like a giant A4 :D

The pics I have seen of the next A6 are quite nice... Exept for the grille though. Much sleeker and sportier then the present one.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

Yeah.. The TT looks better, but its in the same time quite boring compared to the other car.

After what I have seen of the A8 wagon, it can be THE wagon to own... I meen the rear seat legspace... It has more legroom in the back then most.. no all other cars have in the front... Its like a limo with the middle (backwards) seat removed. Totaly enormous.. And it looks like a giant A4 :D

The pics I have seen of the next A6 are quite nice... Exept for the grille though. Much sleeker and sportier then the present one.[/b]
I know a guy who has an A8 (present model). Unbadged for the reason of not drawing too much attention to himself. It costed a million swedish crowns. (About a 100.000 US dollars for comparison).

At that price, I kind of expect a car to be excellent...

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Originally posted by Blackbird

Yeah.. The TT looks better, but its in the same time quite boring compared to the other car.[/b]
I know a guy who has an A8 (present model). Unbadged for the reason of not drawing too much attention to himself.[/b][/quote]

The back of the Crossfire looks to my opinion better than the TT, more agressive. The front isn't that exciting. And I think the TT is the ideal women's car; it looks are a bit too nice, you know. And the current A8 isn't exciting at the exterior at all. It looks like an old Audi 80 or 100 => dated. The inside is much better; very roomy and comfortable. But that's normal in this class, I suppose.. The new A8 looks much better, but then again I think the new VW Pheaton looks slightly better. And the A8/Pheaton look a lot like eachoter. When I was shopping in this segment, I would go for a new Pheaton or the new 7-series from BMW.

Coen

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I haven't liked a single one of the new Audi designs I've seen. They're moving away from sleek and heading toward boxy. The Crossfire is another design success IMO. *Sigh* In fact I think most of their cars recently (Sebring, Cirrus, 300M, etc.) have been excellent from a design standpoint. But I still look at them and say "Wow, that's a good looking car. Too bad it's a Chrysler product".

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

I haven't liked a single one of the new Audi designs I've seen.  They're moving away from sleek and heading toward boxy.  The Crossfire is another design success IMO.  *Sigh*  In fact I think most of their cars recently (Sebring, Cirrus, 300M, etc.) have been excellent from a design standpoint.  But I still look at them and say "Wow, that's a good looking car.  Too bad it's a Chrysler product".  [/b]
Why don't you like Chrysler at all? They don't make ugly cars (like most of the Audi's); and they aren't that bad at the 'durability-department'. Yeah, it drives a bit like a boat, but with newer models the damping seems more and more European..

Coen

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Coen,
Like I said, I think Chrysler's new designs have been beautifully done. Their cars tend to be too boatlike for my tastes, and their powertrains seem to be made of glass. I'm sure they've gotten better in the last few years, especially under their Teutonic masters, but I'm still a loooong way from trusting them.

·
Registered
211 Posts

that is an ugly color...for the crossfire...couldn't they find something more appealing?...the car seems nice...but the color....................:sarc

·
Registered
246 Posts

Coen,
Like I said, I think Chrysler's new designs have been beautifully done.  Their cars tend to be too boatlike for my tastes, and their powertrains seem to be made of glass.  I'm sure they've gotten better in the last few years, especially under their Teutonic masters, but I'm still a loooong way from trusting them.[/b]
Haha..:) You're not chauvinistic.. at least not on cars ;) Bet you don't like many other American cars, since the exterior of those cars is too boatlooking, and the drivingcapabilities are the same... :D

Coen

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

You are correct sir. Even if I like the looks of some American cars, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

You are correct sir.  Even if I like the looks of some American cars, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.  [/b]
But you got to hand it to them...they are making an effort to catch up with european and japanese auto makers. And even if they're not there yet, it's not quite the difference it was ten or fifteen years ago.

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

You are correct sir.  Even if I like the looks of some American cars, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.  [/b]
But you got to hand it to them...they are making an effort to catch up with european and japanese auto makers. And even if they're not there yet, it's not quite the difference it was ten or fifteen years ago.[/b][/quote]

Sir... That sounds ok to me :) But we almost forget one of the most important disadvantages of american cars: Fuel consumption. Those yank-cars weren't known to be economical, and they still aren't..

Coen

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Why should we care about fuel consumption? OUR gas is still cheap. :sarc

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Why should we care about fuel consumption?  OUR gas is still cheap.  :sarc[/b]
Is it?

If I recall correctly, the price has doubled over not so many years...right? And I don't think you've seen the end of that road yet...

Just wait...if there is a new Gulf war (and much points to that) you'll see gas prices go up again.

...and so will we, I assume...:sarc

Nah...I understood your sarcasm, couldn't help talking a bit about fuel prices though...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Actually, if you count inflation, then the price of gas has gone DOWN over the last twenty years. We paid around 80 cents to a dollar back in 1980. We're paying about $1.30-1.40 now. Personally, if the government added taxes to pay for infrastructure and alternative fuel research, I wouldn't be broken-hearted about it. If we taxed the SUV out of existence I would be happy to pay the extra.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Actually, if you count inflation, then the price of gas has gone DOWN over the last twenty years.  We paid around 80 cents to a dollar back in 1980.  We're paying about $1.30-1.40 now.  Personally, if the government added taxes to pay for infrastructure and alternative fuel research, I wouldn't be broken-hearted about it.  If we taxed the SUV out of existence I would be happy to pay the extra.[/b]
Can't agree with you more...tax the SUV to ****...

You're perhaps right about the gas price. But there's an aspect we didn't speak of also: distance. USA is a very BIG nation, and getting around demands many miles on the meter...

·
Registered
246 Posts

Actually, if you count inflation, then the price of gas has gone DOWN over the last twenty years.  We paid around 80 cents to a dollar back in 1980.  We're paying about $1.30-1.40 now.  Personally, if the government added taxes to pay for infrastructure and alternative fuel research, I wouldn't be broken-hearted about it.  If we taxed the SUV out of existence I would be happy to pay the extra.[/b]
You don't like SUV's? I still remember myself that you were driving a Subaru Forester...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts