Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it came to my attention that I didn't have a build thread here on 6club and I have a poor excuse for one on 6crew. So I thought I would get this one started and hopefully keep up with it.

Unfortunately I don't have an really early pics but we all know how these start out.

2005 mazda 6 hatchback 2.3 original with cloth and no upgrades.

Upgraded to suede interior and started to black out interior

CAI and TB spacer install

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Removed door guards

Fat lip grill and hd lip

HID install demo 55w and 35w 5 k

First set if black leather seats from an 06

In the long run had to replace due to airbag issues

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear bumper painted

Painted stock rims and a little wash

Switched out plastic inserts with black metal mesh

Got my hand into painting and started to paint parts with rattle can not to bad

Damn PVC hose split this was a fun day

Fell over to the dark side of di-noc

Had to do it and bought some car-LEDs and have loved them ever since

Put on some RXs with 235/40/18 cont dws, powder coated matte black

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bought another grill

And then another grill

Once I pulled 06 seats out I placed them on tires and these are my garage seats now

Did a Kevlar/carbon overlay on the center console still need to finish the metrakit

Bought BR-lip and installed

Installed 06 mazdaspeed doors which I love since they are leather and I think a cleaner look

Installed magnapack exhaust
Video clip

Pic

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FINALLY!
You really needed one of these!
Im gonna bombard you with questions pretty soon :p
There is quite a few things that you have done and i want to do :p
Honestly you were the inspiration since you were the one who asked on a thread, ask away I have done plenty and I am usually willing to try most things people won't.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Waiting to install these but waiting for struts/shocks to arrive on Monday

That's the short story but a nice walk down memory lane. Enjoy.....

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rest of the suspension arrived today now just to figure out install day.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't know the door panels were different. I like the looks of those. Might look into that myself...

Which springs and shocks did you get? I saw "Mazdaspeed" on the springs, are those the mythical "Mazdaspeed hatch springs?"
Yeah they are the mazdaspeed hatch accessory springs paired up with kyb excel-g struts and shocks. I don't really know what the 06 doors look like in the regular 6 but these doors came up for sale and couldn't pass them up. The hardest part was the 05 switches don't match the 06 speeds and don't bolt up. Those switch panels are custom made in my garage. Not bad for my first try with fabrication.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also dropped the car off to get everything installed since I decided not to do the suspension myself. (Yeah I know.....but no air tools and time is tight right now)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the car back today and what a difference from my stock equip with 137k. The handling is a vast improvement less roll and all noises seem to have been cleared. Will post pics soon.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Nothing really new loving the car as it sits now. Suspension is settled and it's fu. To rip corners in, just not to much sit I still need to roll fenders.

Trying to figure out what to do next, I might be moving to Montana and there are no smog rules maybe engine upgrades Are soon to come..... :)

Also of thinking of buying a new center console and wrapping in traditional carbon fiber so I have two options. I would like to get better an overlays so it's more practice than anything.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so I decided to change the look of the interior a little again. So I ordered some 3M black brushed aluminum vinyl and started to wrap the center section, I will be installing this weeked and will post complete pictures but here are a few parts that have already been wrapped:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok had a few moments this weekend to install new HIDs (DDM 5k kits) and also installed the center console switching out the new wrapped pieces along with switching all the buttons and Climate Controls surrounds with Black instead of the Gray. Also took a few pics of the car since the supsension upgrade. Crappy weather and lighting make the console hard to capture its true colors:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts