Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off.... I searched first and found no other posts with this issue. maybe I didn't search long enough or hard enough. but I am frustrated.

Anyway, I just installed my Audio Link MP3 Adapter. The XM works like a champ. But I disconnected the XM, shut off the car and plugged in my Creative Nomad 30g that I had set up with 10 play lists. The play lists all are named correctly ie. CD1-CD10. But when I turned on the car all I get is EX8:88. So I tried pluggin her in and powering it up several different ways. I also have verified that it plays with head phones and the play lists are put together properly. Does anyone have any suggestions? I realize that it is probably real simple and the WTF factor has probably clouded my normally intuitive mind :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
First off.... I searched first and found no other posts with this issue. maybe I didn't search long enough or hard enough. but I am frustrated.

Anyway, I just installed my Audio Link MP3 Adapter. The XM works like a champ. But I disconnected the XM, shut off the car and plugged in my Creative Nomad 30g that I had set up with 10 play lists. The play lists all are named correctly ie. CD1-CD10. But when I turned on the car all I get is EX8:88. So I tried pluggin her in and powering it up several different ways. I also have verified that it plays with head phones and the play lists are put together properly. Does anyone have any suggestions? I realize that it is probably real simple and the WTF factor has probably clouded my normally intuitive mind :) [/b]
Actually, I have a Creative Zen Sleek Photo, and tried the USB mode, it was a PITA for me, too.

First off, to use the USB port w/ an mp3 player, it must have 1 of 2 things;
a) be recognized by a standard PC as an external hard drive (e.g. when you plug it into your comp, it's read and labeled as a hard drive, such as F:\)
b) have a feature that allows it to do so.

My Sleek Photo has the "Removable Disk" feature, which does the latter.
Anyways, what you're supposed to do is label the folders in the drive as CD01, CD02, etc., not the playlists.

An easy way to test it out is by using a thumb drive. Make 10 folders (CD01, etc), and dump music in there.

Personally, I got fed up with this because I'd always have to manually select "removable disk" in the player itself, aaaaaaaand the navigation itself was annoying as well. So, what I did was plug in a USB cable, and a patch cable into the 1/8" jack, and plugged both into my Sleek Photo. Now, when I remote start my car, my player loads automatically :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've got the AL-USB. i'm pretty sure the way it works is like this: the AL organizes songs into blocks of 99 that become CD1, next 99 are CD2, etc. the stock head unit's firmware was designed to work with an external CD player, and this is the limitation.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Angel120 is correct.

The AudioLink reads MP3s from folders created on a USB flash drive. If your MP3 player will operate as a flash drive, and the folders are organized correctly, then it will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts