Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to eliminating the dash pin and sunroof rattles. Much quieter, however I constantly get a creaking noise from the rubber weatherstripping that encloses the door frame area (driver and passenger side especially). I determined the creaking sound is the rubber rubbing against the metal on the door when I am moving in the car. All cars have the weatherstripping, but it's much more noisy in my 6. I've tried adding weatherstripping to the door frame so that I had rubber against rubber. This was quieter, but looked worse and eventually the added weatherstipping on the door wore off or became unglued. It seems as if the door had either a tighter or looser fit this would be less apparent. Anyone else have creeky weatherstripping? Any solutions?

PS: Heavy armorall on the weatherstripping either does nothing, or lasts for 2 days at best.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Try applying a good coat of synthetic wax to the inner door jambs. It worked on my car. Also, try a better dressing for the door seals. 303 Aerospace Protectant works great on these areas. It actually soaks into the rubber more than other dressings. That, in combination with waxing the door jambs solved about 99% of my issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts