Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one experiencing this?? My car has 5k miles so far. This car is developing a major plastic creaking problem!! Its really majorly pissing me off. When i hit a bump, it creaks. When i accerate, it creaks. When i brake, it creaks. Also dealers say its normal and seems to never creak in the same place. Cheap hard plastics is the culprit i believe and this cold weather is making it worse. How can a sub 30k car be built so cheaply??? I was recently in my friends Scion TC and that thing was soild as it didn't even make a noise even on horrible DC roads with over 25k miles on the clock.
This creak box is not what i bought. I originally bought a car which i thought was well built, because it was quiet and stiff. Now after few thousand miles I'm reluctant to give too much gas on takeoff or brake because of the noises it makes in the interior. Isn't this car supposed to 50% stiffer then the standard6??? by the sound of it, its flexing quite a bit and very easily. The car rattles also but that doesn't bother me quite bit as the creaking. Sorry i had to vent.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
My car doesnt creak but going in and out of turns, I can feel the lower left part of my drivers seat lift a little, and my regular 6s never did that shit. I think the build quality is good, however their parts source may be sub-par.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry to hear, the only build quality problem I have experienced is a windnoise that mazda insists is normal. No squeaks and rattles. (yet)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear, the only build quality problem I have experienced is a windnoise that mazda insists is normal. No squeaks and rattles. (yet)
[/b]
is it by the windows??? mine leaked in air. Much louder then my protege for sure. Dealer said it was normal. I pulled all the window molding out and replaced it and it reduced it quite a bit.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
complain complain EVERYWHERE!!! :))

·
Registered
27 Posts
is it by the windows??? mine leaked in air. Much louder then my protege for sure. Dealer said it was normal. I pulled all the window molding out and replaced it and it reduced it quite a bit.
[/b]
yeah, on the a pillars along the window. Dealer says its normal and it is just obnoxious. all seals look good and the door fits properly. I think the mirror might be causing turbulence or something.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine's pretty solid. I do hear a tinny sound noise when the driver's window is down like the gas cover is loose. Still can't figure that one out yet.

But, today I did notice what sounded like a rattle coming from the seatbealt height adjustment area near the door. Pounding on the pillar didn't do anything to make it go away. :D

All in all I think It's pretty tight. My parents Dodge Caravan sounds like a bucket of bolts in a metal pail going down the road! :wacko:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
You know whats funny, right behind the driver in the rear part of the cabin, my woman was sitting with the baby once and complained that there was a large amount of cold air leaking in from somewhere, and I dismissed her thinking wtf? But now you guys mention it, I think I need to investigate further.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you hear a creak, it means your radio isn't loud enough. :D [/b]
Hell yeah!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Creaking isn't limited to the Speed. Crappy hard plastic is found in all the 6's

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I've got about 3500 on the clock and so far the cabin is creek & rattle free, but I'm getting what sounds like wind noise from the left rear door. I'm suspecting it's air blowing past the lower door "side skirt" creaves?

This car does suffer from a lot of wind noise but when it gets to be too annoying, I crank up the tunes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've noticed a lot of creaking lately too. Thought maybe it is just from having stiff suspension. The energy from bumps in the road have to go somewhere I guess. I'll have to keep an ear out for it more.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have only two creaking.

1. Comes from the front of the first time applying the brakes after leaving the car off (cool down) for several hours.

2. A rattle noise like a loose bolt rolling around in the passenger door (guessing). Only a slight rolling rattle sound as I brake hard or accelerate hard.

#2 is annoying but I think won't hurt anything. #1 I'm afraid might be a joint not fastened tightly enough.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I used to drive a 2000 Jeep Cherokee so this Mazda has NO wind noise IMO. Of course, the Jeep was a brick flying through the wind and we all know a boxy POS doesn't produce any wind noise.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think the car is pretty tight, but then I'm used to american built cars ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have only two creaking.

1. Comes from the front of the first time applying the brakes after leaving the car off (cool down) for several hours.

2. A rattle noise like a loose bolt rolling around in the passenger door (guessing). Only a slight rolling rattle sound as I brake hard or accelerate hard.

#2 is annoying but I think won't hurt anything. #1 I'm afraid might be a joint not fastened tightly enough.
[/b]
I have this rattle that comes from my passenger side area somewhere. It's hard to target because when someone is sitting in the passenger seat it goes away (yes, that would seem that the seat is rattling, but I can't nail down what it is). It's a 50/50 chance when I drive somewhere solo that it will rattle. That's really my only complaint about the car, but it drives me crazy sometimes.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
just wait till the middle of winter ;)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Because it's a Mazda. If you wanted good build quality and a quiet ride you should have bought a Lexus.
[/b]
thats BS. No protege i've been in had any rattles, sqeaks or wind leak and I've owned 2. Also my friends old probe has none and has over 160k miles on it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts