Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And all that shit came down when I was at work….
Sorry for long post :p
It was a little bit after 5:00pm when my co-worker/friend came to my office and said that there is tornado warning for our area and that one hit somewhere around Park Ridge, so we went outside and it was dark as hell. The sky was first dark but then all of sudden the sky started to clear west, east and a little bit north from where we were (N Harlem/ NW Highway area). Sky around us turned to yellow/green color, but above us was still dark and it was rotating!!!! Then it got quiet wind stopped to blow and clouds started to form cone shape. Then I ran to my car and took it to the loading area Couple of ppl did same), which is covered by roof. I came back in front of the building and there was bunch of ppl. Tornado came down south of us and this was crazy, trees wend sideway and it stopped, 10 sec action. Then it started to hail and t-storm, at this point I was happy cause nobody got hurt and most important my car was safe J. For now at least. What came down next it was very heavy rain. It was so strong that in the matter of minutes streets turned into the river. Everything was fine till the one guy that was in the loading area called me and said that cars are getting flooded. I was like a wind rushing to check what was going on.
What I saw was horrible, water was a 0.25-inch from reaching the doors. I was like WTF!!! What I should do now? My friend started to scream at me “Hurry up jump in to the water and start the car and drive slowly back". Since loading dock was lower so I jumped right text to the wall and the water was up to my knees. Car was a little bit nose down and the front bumper was under water up to the half of the lower grill. I got to the car and opened the door and jumped to the car. Some water got to the car making the carpet on the driver site wet. I was PISSED OFF!!!! After about 20min it was done.
The damage was wet interior on the driver side, which I dried at my friend garage… I avoided hail….
Plus my injen intake was replaced by air box caused by dealer oil change :) So i was so damn lucky.....

Anyway that was scary.

What do you think will I have any problems cause of water in the future? I dried it out after one hour.
Tomorrow I’m thinking about taking it to the car wash and let them shampoo floor.

The car is running fine.

Oh and by the way if i left my car sitting there it would get flooded up to the windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There were Uhaul trucks and the water was up to the doors, like 4ft!!!!!!......

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yeah a good shampooing should do the trick. It sounds like you were lucky that you only got a little water in your car and thats all.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The doors are pretty air tight, it probably would have been ok as long as it didnt go past the top of the door...

We just had tornadoes go through here, but luckly none where close.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
You're so lucky you didn't have the CAI on, otherwise the engine would be.....kapoot.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
LOL was that why u were calling me? haha

I was at work but I tottaly forgot to call u back haha

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL was that why u were calling me? haha

I was at work but I tottaly forgot to call u back haha
[/b]
LOL one of the reasons was intake, but its all good now...

I was putting Injen CAI today and had MAJOR problems with one of the vacuum hoses but i used heat gun and i got it off the valve (by the way it's different in 05 M6)

Worst thing is that i got some water into the car which is almost dry now but still :tear:
Now i'm thinking what to do about this

But yeah i was lucky i didn't put intake on. I was about to put it last week but had no time :hoho: :) ....

5 minutes later i pulled my car from this hell water was like 7ft deep..........

Any ideas how to fully dry? Maby i should take it to the dealer, or do u know any good place to take it in i can pay$$$ i don't care.

Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wouldn't the stock intake have pulled in water as well?
[/b]
Yes it would but water wasn't high enough by the time i was driving avay. If it was i would be in deep sheet

·
Registered
781 Posts
wow that sux! but did you know that with the keyless remote if you were to hold down the button bolth front windows will roll down automatically, then you could have climed in threw the window

·
Registered
199 Posts
Holy crap! I'm glad that both you and your car got out of that ok! All of that severe weather was supposed hit us too (Cleveland - Northern Ohio) but for whatever reason it all decided to stay south - we didn't even get that much rain!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow that sux! but did you know that with the keyless remote if you were to hold down the button bolth front windows will roll down automatically, then you could have climed in threw the window
[/b]
I didn't know that... But anyway i have aftermarket remote....

By the time i was jumping to the car water wasn't high enough so just a little bit got into the car. Today is day 3 of drying my baby :p . But it was scary as hell seeing all getting flooded that quick....

·
Registered
195 Posts
[/b]
which button? i can only assume its the unlock button? but i've never heard that. guess i'll try it later.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
which button? i can only assume its the unlock button? but i've never heard that. guess i'll try it later.
[/b]

on the 06, hold down the unlock button on the key fob and front wibdows go down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts