Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call today. Apparently the date for delivery of mine at the moment has been bumped to June instead of May due to a shortage of 17" alloys at the factory. Apparantly their supply couldn't keep up with the demand on them. So that sucks.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Reading Topic: Crappy news about delivery

sucks..at least they didnt shut thier whole line down... if that happens....mucho expensive for the supplier.. If we shut ford or gm down for any reason.... we have to pay them like $5-10,000 an hour they are shutdown.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Crappy news about delivery'

Ford and GM are cutting production in the coming months because of lagging sales. I hope this doesn't affect Mazda.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Don't worry, I read somewhere that Mazda is ramping up production of the V6.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The engine isn't the trouble. Their supply couldn't keep up with the demand of the 17" alloys. That's the holdup.

·
Registered
315 Posts

This lack of this and that is really starting to irritate me. Can anyone over at Mazda count?

All this time waiting for V6 with manual trans, someone could have said, "hey, we need more 17" rims."

This is going to be a race between Subaru and Mazda to see who can actually produce their product in showroom for sale first for me. :)

Tome

·
Registered
174 Posts

So am I to assume that if I ordered my car* now, it couldn't be delivered til June either?

*6s sport, including 17" rims

·
Registered
683 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Crappy news about delivery'

Originally posted by M-006

This lack of this and that is really starting to irritate me.   Can anyone over at Mazda count?

All this time waiting for V6 with manual trans, someone could have said, "hey, we need more 17" rims."

This is going to be a race between Subaru and Mazda to see who can actually produce their product in showroom for sale first for me. :)

Tome[/b]
Its not always as simple as just needing to count...alot of automotive contracts are fleshed out to the amount the the supplier can produce on a daily basis. Keep in mind it could be that something happened at the supplier...either they ran into thier own supply issues..machine breakdowns etc etc... I work fo a supplier that ships to the big three automakers and mazda... sometimes it can come down to a machine being down unexpectedly that can cause you to miss a shipment. We recently had some major issues with some of our power presses that caused us to have to expidite almost every shipment we had so not to cause any downtime at the plants we supply... if we shut them down it costs us ALOT of money in the tune of $10,000 an hour.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Reading Topic: Crapp

Missing a shipment is one thing, not having the parts to complete cars is another.
Missing a LOT of shipments IS a problem. But, I don't know if that's what happened.

My "counting" comment was in jest. :)
But, it still stands to reason, someone has dropped the ball be it supplier or manufacturer.
As a consumer I can only be expected to accept only so much until I find an alternative.

Now, my local dealer is wanting to avoid sellinga S-plan after saying they would. Why?
Because, this "lack" of 5 speed sport V6's is creating a sceanario that these cars are in such high demand that they "Can't" sell them at S plan. Bull! There are a LOT of 6's on the lots, just not many manuals with V6 and sport package. Mazda has set out to correct their gross misjudgement by building MORE. This is a mass produced car. It's not a limited production vehicle.

I wish the dealers all the best in getting as much as they can for these cars. If I were a dealer I certainly would get top dollar if I knew I could. However, for me, I was told one thing then another.
"Homey don't play that." I explained that I had an offer for S plan from another dealer and then it was the old "well, when you are ready to buy come back and we'll see what we can do."
Sure, I agree. But, when you don't have the car I want in stock and you don't know if you can get it, then don't expect me to keep waiting for you (dealer) either.

Sorry. :) Had to vent.
I've been looking at the 3 series BMW and Audi A4 again as I'm getting tired of waiting.
Sure, they cost a bit more, but it's a wash in the resale as you get most of it back.

Tome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts