Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,
Just scored a set of chrome plated Cragar 980's in excellent condition. Width: 17X7 with the proper bolt pattern and the 60 mm offset.
They were produced for one yr. only and are one of the few sets made for FWD. Will go on my M6 in the spring along with a set of new Yokohamas. :drive:
newbombturk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here ya go.

Notice the "fluted" ears surrounding the lug holes. A unique design by Larry Shinoda who was contracted (a few years before his untimely death) to design a new Cragar SS for the more contemporary looking automobiles. This aluminum wheel was produced for one yr. (1998) and then dropped from the SS line for unknown reasons. It was available in a silver painted finish as well as the chrome plated finish shown here .

I like the old skool / new skool look.

"Newstalgia" for my '06 Onyx Black M6 !

newbombturk

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
Haha. those are beautiful. Better get some wheel locks otherwise you'll come out and find your car on cinderblocks. Good score. Hope they work well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ! I already purchased the wheel locks and lugnuts from Gorilla. Will set her up after the bad Michigan winter weather passes.
newbombturk

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
im curious to see them on 6, not really my style but nice find

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also scored some chrome plated bolt in from behind valve stems to complete the look.
Will be certain to take some photo images of my 6 with the "new" Cragar wheels and Yokohama tires and post them here in the spring.
Here's a shot of all 4.
Thanks for the feedback.
newbombturk

Attachments

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
definetly not my style but good find for you.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I think they're gonna look great on your 6. I'm liking that old skool look!
They almost have the look of the stock ('04) rims, but nicer. Great find, and thanks for sharing with all of us!

---Aloha

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Even on gravel they are wide enough to remain balanced and not tip over. They currently reside in my home made tire rack until spring comes. Inbetween, I will have the new Yokohamas mounted and await spring.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've always like Cragars but I'm an old school guy, emphasis on the old. That's probably why I like my stock wheels that are chromed, they look a lot like the old Cragar SS mags.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts