·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a Mustang dyno or a Dynojet?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I think its Dynojet, based on the given numbers. Im pretty sure they mention what dyno they used for the headers as well.

If you look at their graphs, it says Dynojet right on the top.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its Dynojet, based on the given numbers. Im pretty sure they mention what dyno they used for the headers as well.

If you look at their graphs, it says Dynojet right on the top.
[/b]
Danke, the dynographs I save were cropped and didn't say anything.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Let me clarify this.

CPE does all their published stuff on a Dynojet dyno because that's what the industry uses. It's the four-wheel Dynojet at Extreme Motorsports in Maryland. The guy at CPE who wrote the MAF customizer has also written his own dyno software, and he's definately in the camp of engineers that absolutely hates the inaccuracies of inertial dynos. But, since they dyno higher, Dynojets (a brand of inertial dyno) are the unfortunate industry standard.

Internally, CPE has two dynos, only one of which they've set up so far. The one they tune on is a brake dyno, though it is not the Mustang brand. It's very similar. CPE has their very own software for this dyno, and it links in with their wideband controller among other things. It's all custom CPE stuff, and they have control over all kinds of stuff that I don't understand. This combination (much like any Mustang dyno) lets them use the brake dyno to hold the car at a certain RPM at wide-open throttle while they tune the air/fuel ratio.

CPE has spent almost a year developing a way to sell calibrated O2 sensors after finding out how inaccurate even the high-end market of O2 sensors is today. They bought a thousand dollar O2 sensor and found it to be way off, and it bothered Lou so much that he has now entered and evolved that industry. I'm not sure who his market is for this though.

CPE also has another off-brand dyno waiting to be set up. It's a cross between an inertial and brake dyno. They bought this one because it's a four-wheel dyno... but it's been collecting dust for a year now.

CPE does not release graphs from their own internal dynos because honestly, would you buy an intake if they said it brought the car "up to 175hp!" That'd be lower than the baseline of most other Mazda6's. Everyone responds to that stuff with a big, "WTF," because the entire industry uses inaccurate Dynojets.

And there ya have it- the state of dynos at CPE.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
one other tidbit of info, the 6s graph was done in 4th gear, not 3rd gear like most people pull at. its not wrong, but it does pad the numbers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
arch4life
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing