Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1325 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT: Hyrbid turbo update on page 11.

People have been asking for more updates on some of our upcoming products, so I thought I would fill everyone in on the latest. There isn't anything earth-shattering yet, but things are coming along nicely.

We just got the intercooler pipes back from the bender today (finally), and we're going to test fit them as soon as we get the opportunity. I'll can snag a few pics with the pipes on the car so everyone can see how the pipes are routed over the engine.

We also finished the case and board layout for the tuning package.

I'll update this thread as things progress. Stay tuned fellas...

Jordan

·
Registered
156 Posts
Talk about a tease...

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Will we be able to get a good look at these at SEMA?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Even though I don't have a Speed6, I love seeing how this stuff is progressing. Nice work guys.

Are all of those pipes for one single intercooler? Wow.

·
Registered
795 Posts
looks good CP-E , keep up the good work !!!

for all the people that said that my intercooler has alot of piping , then here is a proof that you didnt know what you were talking about. :punch:

it is almost the same piping as mine...

cant wait for the tuning to come out!!

LOOKS GREAT ;)

·
Registered
803 Posts
woot! ask and ye shall recieve!

just sent an email yesterday to show them some support. this is really exciting....just wish the tuning solution was a little further along :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talk about a tease...
Thanks,
Jason
[/b]

Hah, though I understand where you're coming from, we just want to reassure people that we are in fact making progress and are getting closer to testing.

Will we be able to get a good look at these at SEMA?
[/b]

That's the plan man :)

Even though I don't have a Speed6, I love seeing how this stuff is progressing. Nice work guys.

Are all of those pipes for one single intercooler? Wow.
[/b]

Yup, all that piping is necessary for a front mount on the SPEED6. You can't reduce the amount of piping unless you decrease the pipe diameter (bad) or use tighter bends (again, bad). When you see how it all comes together, I think you'll appreciate the effort and forethought that went into the kit. More importantly, we think you'll be happy with the performance improvement :D

looks good CP-E , keep up the good work !!!

for all the people that said that my intercooler has alot of piping , then here is a proof that you didnt know what you were talking about. :punch:
it is almost the same piping as mine...

cant wait for the tuning to come out!!

LOOKS GREAT ;)
[/b]

Thanks! We can't wait to release the tuner either. There is so much power to be made with just a little tuning!

Jordan

·
Registered
209 Posts
Woo-hoo!!!! Great news!!!!

I may be getting a bit ahead of you, but if you can answer: Will the tuning package offer downloads for different setups? I've been waiting on any/all mods until a tuning package is available. Hate to put mods on that I can't tune for!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woo-hoo!!!! Great news!!!!

I may be getting a bit ahead of you, but if you can answer: Will the tuning package offer downloads for different setups? I've been waiting on any/all mods until a tuning package is available. Hate to put mods on that I can't tune for!
[/b]

Do you mean, are we going to offer maps for different tuning combinations? Unfortunately no, the end-user will be responsible for tuning their specific combination. If we had a dyno in-house, we would definitely consider doing something like that.

So, if you want to properly tune your car with our controller, then you would have to either put your car on a 4wd dyno with a sniffer, or tune with a wideband O2.

Jordan

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I'm specifically interested in the intercooler.

Are we still going to hit that target of close to $1,000?

Also, does this mean that we will still have to wait for someone to drive around with the prototype on their car for a few months?

Or is one being tested now?

Thanks,
Forrest

·
Registered
578 Posts
sounds like it's time to get a wideband...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Just before the throttle body.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks! We can't wait to release the tuner either. There is so much power to be made with just a little tuning!
Jordan
[/b]
just install the front mount and you will see what day and night means lol!!! the difference is incredible;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm specifically interested in the intercooler.

Are we still going to hit that target of close to $1,000?

Also, does this mean that we will still have to wait for someone to drive around with the prototype on their car for a few months?

Or is one being tested now?

Thanks,
Forrest
[/b]

Yup, we're trying to keep the cost around $1000. As far as testing, it should only be a week or two at the most.

The layout of the board seems starnge to me. Also, those seem to be some old school electronics.
[/b]

Funny you mention that. When I told our electrical engineer that I posted a picture of the board yesterday, he joked around and said, "I bet someone who knows about electronics is going to comment on the weird board layout." I guess he was right :hoho:

I personally am not an electrical engineer, but I'm told we used a combination of surface mounted and socket mounted chips so the board can't be reverse engineered. The surface mounted chips weren't secure enough for Lou's (our EE) liking. But rest assured, the microprocessor he chose is literally the newest and fastest chip the manufacturer makes.

Jordan

Edit: I was just told that we will be offering a limited number of pre-tuned maps for the SPEED6. Which modifications the maps are tuned for is still up in the air at the moment. I apologize for the confusion.

·
Registered
237 Posts
/off topic

what school are you going to where you have to do this internship?

/on topic

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
/off topic

what school are you going to where you have to do this internship?

/on topic
[/b]

The Rochester Institute of Technology, Mechanical Engineering program. They require five, 10-week internships before you can officially graduate from the program. But, I'm finally done :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Rochester Institute of Technology, Mechanical Engineering program. They require five, 10-week internships before you can officially graduate from the program. But, I'm finally done :D
[/b]

Thats where I went, did electrical/computer engineering though. Bought my MS6 2 months after graduating. Congrats on finishing up!

I'm now working fulltime where I did my co-ops. The program definitely worked out well for me...sounds like you're getting some good experience over at CP-E too.java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_3')
:D

P.S. Have fun in senior design....muahahahahahahahaha

1 - 20 of 1325 Posts