Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the differences in the Injen intake pipe and the CPE intake pipe. Also can you put the fully customizer on the ijen intake piping? also what are the diameter of each?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
The difference between the two physical pipes is that the CP-E is larger. The actual difference between the products is that the CP-E includes a MAF customizer box, and for something like an extra $100 you get a tuneable box so you can adjust the air/fuel levels yourself. You can buy the tuneable box or the Injen fix non-tuneable box from CP-E for the Injen intake too.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Not only is the difference in size but the pipe from cpe is so much better. Its a little thicker and powder coated so you wont get any resson sound comming out of the pipe, and also less heat soak. The cpe setup is by far the much better system.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Yep. The CPE is worth the extra money that you would be spending on getting the injen plus the tuner box. The injen pipe is 3" and the cpe is 3.5"

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Although!!!!! Injens are CARB approved for those worried about it like me here in CA.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now if i got an INJEN and the INJEN fix and i wanted to get the fully customizable version from CPE without the pipe can i still use it on the INJEN PIPE? Or do i HAVE to get the CPE PIPING and the customizable one together?

·
Registered
635 Posts
You should be able to use the tunable version on the Injen pipe. That's my plan too when I scrounge up some cash. I'd be sure to ask/tell them you're going to be using it with the Injen so that if the files need tweaking they can do it before they send it out.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should be able to use the tunable version on the Injen pipe. That's my plan too when I scrounge up some cash. I'd be sure to ask/tell them you're going to be using it with the Injen so that if the files need tweaking they can do it before they send it out.
[/b]
So is this the concensus of everyone???

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well, seeing as how they'll let you buy the tuneable even if you don't have an intake... I'm sure it'd work with the Injen. Just call them to make sure.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
You're on your own if you get a tunable....They pretty much assume you know what your doing and that you understand Air/Fuel ratios. It doesn't come with a preloaded with a fuel map either.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Im telling you man my friend has a 6s got the injen intake first and then the injen fix and yes it helped but wasnt the same as the full set up. The difference he says is a ton he did get the tune able version with the cpe intake and he does definetly feel a difference. We will have dyno numbers coming soon. We are set up to dyno next saturday. So his numbers from before were with injen intake and injen fix and now it will be with full cpe setup.

·
Registered
635 Posts
You're on your own if you get a tunable....They pretty much assume you know what your doing and that you understand Air/Fuel ratios. It doesn't come with a preloaded with a fuel map either.
[/b]
That's not what people who have gotten the tuneable say. Off the top of my head, AzMz6 said he had the standard tune plus an exhaust tune.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
That's not what people who have gotten the tuneable say. Off the top of my head, AzMz6 said he had the standard tune plus an exhaust tune.
[/b]
I was always under the impression that the tuneable came with a basic (but slightly different the the non tuneable) map then from there you can custmize the air/fuel ratio and so forth to your own customable mapping.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Although!!!!! Injens are CARB approved for those worried about it like me here in CA.
[/b]
Ha, good one.

Injen isn't going to pass inspection in any state since you can't go more than a few drive cycles without throwing a CEL. Their claimed CARB approved status is absolute bullshit.

Even if you clear the CEL, the computer won't have enough drive cycles since the last MIL reset to pass inspection.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ha, good one.

Injen isn't going to pass inspection in any state since you can't go more than a few drive cycles without throwing a CEL. Their claimed CARB approved status is absolute bullshit.

Even if you clear the CEL, the computer won't have enough drive cycles since the last MIL reset to pass inspection.
[/b]
Very true. Though, just get CP-E's Injen fix or the tuneable and all will be fine and dandy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
ilal2ielli
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing