Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm a little confused. What is the difference between the CPE MAFci and a "regular" CAI such as an AEM or K&N? From the pics/descriptions on therpmstore.com, they appear to do essentially the same thing.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
The CP-E intake comes with what amounts to an air-fuel tuner as well. This adjusts your A/F ratio for optimum power gains throughout the powerband. The difference is quite staggering compared to other CAIs.

This link here provides some details on it, however these are for the "tunable" version which most people don't get. The regular version doesn't give you access to these things to change them, it just provides you with the base optimized map whichis fine for 99% of applications: http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=246

It also doesn't throw Check Engine Light as other CAIs are prone to do on the 3.0L.

Having run the "regular" CAI (an Injen) and the CP-E, I can tell you that the difference is stagering. And that's coming from an Injen which already was significantly better than the AEM and loads better than the crappy K&N.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CP-E intake comes with what amounts to an air-fuel tuner as well. This adjusts your A/F ratio for optimum power gains throughout the powerband. The difference is quite staggering compared to other CAIs.

This link here provides some details on it, however these are for the "tunable" version which most people don't get. The regular version doesn't give you access to these things to change them, it just provides you with the base optimized map whichis fine for 99% of applications: http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=246

It also doesn't throw Check Engine Light as other CAIs are prone to do on the 3.0L.

Having run the "regular" CAI (an Injen) and the CP-E, I can tell you that the difference is stagering. And that's coming from an Injen which already was significantly better than the AEM and loads better than the crappy K&N.
[/b]
Sigma,

Very good information (and very well written too!). Thank you very much. I checked out the CP-E web site, and it looks like they have some good stuff.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i want the cpe mafci but just can't justify 600 bucks unless is trippled the hp/torque from say injen.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
i want the cpe mafci but just can't justify 600 bucks unless is trippled the hp/torque from say injen.
[/b]
Go to the RPM site, Donny has them at a much lower price!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Go to the RPM site, Donny has them at a much lower price!
[/b]
540 isn't much lower IMO.

·
Registered
405 Posts
honestly, i think if your going to get a CAI, you might as well get the CPE or dont bother at all. Everything else, i dont see the gains in HP justifying the cost. I bought the AEM, and after spending $220 for it, i ripped it right out. Definetely not worth the cost, at least to me.

For me, If Im going to spend $200+ on a performance mod, it better be something I can feel and notice within a day of driving it. Thats just me.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
yeah the more i read the cpe mod the more i want it. i mean it is what 15hp/20 torque?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
you have the V6 I'd go with CP-E

1 - 11 of 11 Posts