Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase the CPE MAFci System that was previously installed on a 2004 6s. I going to install it on my 2005 6s and notice that on the CPE website you have to select your year for this kit. Will I run into any problems installing this on my 05 or will it be exactly the same? I believe it will come with the instructions for installing it on a 2004 but I didn't think there were any differences between the 2004 and 2005 6s.

Thanks,

CaTiRo

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
you will need to email CPE for the new wiring diagram, as they are different. They will provide it to you free of cost.

You might also want to make your title more descriptive next time so that people know better what you are talking about.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Yeah, Usually when people see a title like this, they just skip the post. Assuming it's someone asking the whole:

"IS THE CPE A GOOD BRAND INTAKE OR SHOULD I GO WITH A CHEAPER EBAY BRAND"

or something like that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm about to purchase the CPE MAFci System that was previously installed on a 2004 6s. I going to install it on my 2005 6s and notice that on the CPE website you have to select your year for this kit. Will I run into any problems installing this on my 05 or will it be exactly the same? I believe it will come with the instructions for installing it on a 2004 but I didn't think there were any differences between the 2004 and 2005 6s.

Thanks,

CaTiRo
[/b]
I saw a video one of the members had about installing the CP-E intake. It showed the front bumper removed during the install. Is it really necessary to remove the bumper to install the intake? How do you clean the filter? Do you have to remove the bumper to service the filter?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I saw a video one of the members had about installing the CP-E intake. It showed the front bumper removed during the install. Is it really necessary to remove the bumper to install the intake? How do you clean the filter? Do you have to remove the bumper to service the filter?
[/b]
removing the bumper is one of the easiest things in the world. I have no clue about the V6 if it would need removed or not though. but trust me. it's ungodly simple if you do need too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It would be absolutely stupid if you removed the whole bumber to install the cpe. I mean its so easy to get in there and install the filter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
06Mazda6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing