Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took off my CPE intake recently I noticed something I wasnt really expecting. I wanted to get some feedback on if this seems normal and whether or not it could cause damage to the car...

Notice the dirty water in the pipe itself, this extends all the way back to the TB side.
On the rubber part there are what appear to be scrapes and nicks in the rubber. Could this be from debris that is somehow getting through the filter?

[attachmentid=12880]

[attachmentid=12881]

Something to note, I never drove this through any puddles/standing water at all. I always avoided the right lane (where water tends to puddle up). So this water had to come just from normal wet road conditions.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
When I took off my CPE intake recently I noticed something I wasnt really expecting. I wanted to get some feedback on if this seems normal and whether or not it could cause damage to the car...

Notice the dirty water in the pipe itself, this extends all the way back to the TB side.
On the rubber part there are what appear to be scrapes and nicks in the rubber. Could this be from debris that is somehow getting through the filter?

[attachmentid=12880]

[attachmentid=12881]
[/b]
Ruh Ruh Shaggy! how does you throttle plate look? any dirt or knicks on it?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just had the original TB replaced due to idle issues but when I took the intake off it did not look messed up at all.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
:lurk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
AzMz6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing