Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have the intake installed but not quite sure which wires go where on the MAF Customizer goes. I see some connectors that could attach to it's wires but there's only 5 (all black) on the car and the Customizer has 6 wires (red, white, black, green, purple and orange).

I've asked for the instructions from CPE but it's over 2 weeks and still nothing.

Can someone take a picture/scan of their instruction that shows that MAF install or help me out? I have the 2005 4 cyl if that helps :D

btw it sounds really good with the magnaflows!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If you see 5 black wires, thats not where you want to even start splicing into. Are you putting your head up under the steering wheel and looking up? You should see an assload of wires bundled together going into the ECU. That is where you will be doing your splicing, of course only with the power disconnected, and the proper instructions with the appropriately numbered wires. Sorry I can't provided a definate answer, but just wanted to get you a bit more on track from where you seemed to be, unless I misread what you had typed there.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I have to untangle the shit load of wires that's all taped up? I remember I had to find the turn single wire in there while I was doing the sidemarker mod.

I think I'll have to wait for instructions?

And it's ok to drive the car without the customizer in right?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
yea, just could throw a cel. the wires you will be tapping are ones that go into the ecu, which is right above your left foot on the firewall. and its in the big connector that attaches to the ecu. i would help you out with the paper work, but i have the v-6 version, and am not sure of the differences.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the help. HedsIc is helping me with the instructions. :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Just for kicks I started the car with just the cp-e intake before connecting the box. It idled like crap, in my case it needed the box very badly but if you can get away with it go for it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah this morning it stalled a few times until the car got warmed up. The idle sometimes goes too low and stalled. It should be ok tho

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah this morning it stalled a few times until the car got warmed up. The idle sometimes goes too low and stalled. It should be ok tho
[/b]

Yeah she can't handle all the extra sucking right off the bat ;). Give her the box to help her out.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just had to smack her around and tell her who's boss. :nono:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I've encountered some problems :(

The instructions has every wire color matching mine except Blue, while mine has Purple. So I assume it doesn't matter.

I bought the CPE used so it didn't come with the spline connectors. But my stupid mistake I bought splices that didn't have the female/male connections. It was the one that just splices into the wires. It was a bitch to get all the wires spliced but I did it.

I reconnected the battery and started the car, it didn't sound too good, sounded like it was trying to suck air in. and guess engine was shaking a lil bit and it stalled. Restarted a few times and then I started to smell gas.

So I was shittin my pants so I took the splices out and re-connected the grey wire I had to cut and the car worked again.

Stupid me I actually found out that I have a simliar male/female splice adapter so I could try to hook it up again today. :sarc:

But while taking out the other splices it seemed to all have a connection or not?

I'm not quite sure even if I use the other splice adapters it'll work. Does my purple wire from my Customizer not replace the Blue wire in their instructions? Or did I not get all the connections connected while splicing?

I don't want to try again and make my wires going into the ECU look like shit since it's been weakened while taking off the original splices :(

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The instructions has every wire color matching mine except Blue, while mine has Purple. So I assume it doesn't matter.

So I was shittin my pants so I took the splices out and re-connected the grey wire I had to cut and the car worked again.

But while taking out the other splices it seemed to all have a connection or not?

Does my purple wire from my Customizer not replace the Blue wire in their instructions? Or did I not get all the connections connected while splicing?
[/b]
The blue was replaced by purple. So you are fine with that.

When you cut the grey wire you made sure the green and orange connection were secure on each respective end? I would think that if this connection was faulty the car would definitely throw a fit. My advice is to either solder the connections or try it again making sure to have everything fully crimped and connected.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I'll give the solder a try. ***

Edit. Soldering finish and it works! Took it for a little test drive and it seems a little bit more quiet with the magnaflows or maybe it's just me. :D

Thanks for the help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
m6inVan
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing