Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I installed the intake today on my 6s MTX; and after several hours of laboring and puzzling (more to follow) I must say the difference is NICE. I bought the intake used, but it appeared to be in good condition, I decided however to buy a new filter but alas the stores around here only had generic so thats whats on now till I order another. Recommendations on 'good' brands?

Now concerning the install. I had seen several people mention the instructions and how at times they were vague. I concur completely, in fact, I think those were probably just about the worst instructions I have ever seen. Steps seem to be combined or come in what seemed to me very confusing orders. Added to that are terrible pics, esp of the vacuum hoses, and several steps, such as what to do with the VAM seloniod (sp) hoses aren't mentioned at all. Adding the MAF customizer was the easiest part, used the Scotchloks, yes I know people say solder if at all possible. Since I haven't soldered anything since I was like 10, figured it wouldn't be a great idea. Still everything seemed to go well, car is running great, at least after first short drive, with no warning lights or crazy engine trouble. Well just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I agree the instructions were a bit vague. Especially when it asked me to refer to the pictures, even though the instructions states it's for the '06 model, the pictures were from a different model year and some of the things looked different and caused a bit of confusion.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Using the butt dyno, do you feel it has more power?
[/b]

Yes a definate improvement, also has a deeper richer sound once you 'get on it'. Is it worth the $539 for a new one, eh thats a toss up. It adds some well needed pep, and it does it well, but is the 6 ever going to be a fast car, probably not.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've had all three installed. The AEM first, then the CP-E, and now the Injen intake with the MAFci fix.

I must say...the CP-E is the hands-down winner in both fitment and performance gains and ease of installation. (AEM would have been easy too...but removing the stock box was really tough).

The Injen is okay...but clearly not as easy to install as the Cp-e.

Got the Injen for the CARB compliance sticker...if you're wondering why I'd ever be so silly as to dump a superior CP-E product.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've had all three installed. The AEM first, then the CP-E, and now the Injen intake with the MAFci fix.

I must say...the CP-E is the hands-down winner in both fitment and performance gains and ease of installation. (AEM would have been easy too...but removing the stock box was really tough).

The Injen is okay...but clearly not as easy to install as the Cp-e.

Got the Injen for the CARB compliance sticker...if you're wondering why I'd ever be so silly as to dump a superior CP-E product.
[/b]
That's just to bad man, me....I have a MS CAI, and I don't like it anymore, in fact, I'm probably gonna buy the most popular intake for my car now(CP-E) since an intake is about the only HP upgrade for our car anyways....give it a couple more years and someone will come up with flames shooting out the back giving us like 200+ more hp....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts