Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have installed the CPE injen fix today, and it works perfectally! EXCEPT when you quick shift. It is NOT the TCS kicking in. If you shift and get on the gas quickly (like drag racing) the car will buck badly for a moment then be fine. I know there are no loose connections, and my clutch is fine. Any thoughts?
[/b]
That sounds to me like your engine moving. I solved that with the CPE wishbone mount. Much smoother, no movement at all in 1st or 2nd at redline, some at 3rd.
I don't know exactly what you mean by "quick" shift but that's what I had when pushing the car and shifting near redline.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Good to hear you got it.
There is a video somewhere that shows the engine on a dyno run. Looks like the thing is going to fall out.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have installed the CPE injen fix today, and it works perfectally! EXCEPT when you quick shift. It is NOT the TCS kicking in. If you shift and get on the gas quickly (like drag racing) the car will buck badly for a moment then be fine. I know there are no loose connections, and my clutch is fine. Any thoughts?
[/b]
Well let us know how you fix this because i just recieve my injen and fix last night but i have not put it in as of yet. let me ask you a question though. Did you have the AIR BOX MOD before you installed the intake with the fix? If so then how much better does it feel over that? i like the way my car feels with the air box mod but i am really curious as to what the intake feels over that or over stock.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Switching back to a stock airbox (last year for the winter) I felt a difference as compared to putting it on. I did not have the stock airbox modded.
[/b]
i am looking at your SIG and i noticed that you ran a 14.7? was that with just the injen intake alone? or what. My stockl time was a [email protected] and all i had done was just pulled the filter out which i don't then did a thing for me.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Sounds like the engine is just rocking back and forth. I get it on my ATX if I ever shift right at redline.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
yup i have the video here its of my car. im going to get the cp-e mounts soon and hopefully have another video up for u guys..

http://www.tweaksrus.com/dyno

its the second car. steel gray

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quick shift as in if you've watched NASCAR...

But it involves on the gas completely, off it for a split second, then back on it. If I do the transition a little bit slower I do not have bucking. I don't get it. It really doesn't feel like the motor is shifting that much!
[/b]
It's your engine dude. Get the wishbone engine mount if you want that to go away.
I've not watched Nascar, but what you describe is exactly it. Your engine rocks way back when you have it to the floor and redline it. In between shifts it's slamming back down/forward.

That's the first thing I noticed when I installed my engine mount is that suddenly there was NOTHING between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd. It was awesome. I had been driving the injen w/cpe fix for about 3 months before that so I was very used to that crappy thud in between shifts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's your engine dude. Get the wishbone engine mount if you want that to go away.
I've not watched Nascar, but what you describe is exactly it. Your engine rocks way back when you have it to the floor and redline it. In between shifts it's slamming back down/forward.

That's the first thing I noticed when I installed my engine mount is that suddenly there was NOTHING between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd. It was awesome. I had been driving the injen w/cpe fix for about 3 months before that so I was very used to that crappy thud in between shifts.
[/b]
were is peeps gettin the injen cpe fix?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

[/b]

I will have to invest in that engine mount as well once i get my cp-e fix

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
the_gray_mazda6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing