Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.....I am trying to figure out the CPE HEADERS and need to know how far back after the CPE HEADERS that you need to replace for them to fit? CPE's website says 800.00 for them, but then if im not mistaking, you have to buy y-pipe and cats all the way back to the stock "cat back" in order for the Headers to work. Am I right.......man this just keeps getting more and more expensive! I thought my 5.0 GT cost alot to mod...imports is a BIG MONEY HOBBY!!!!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
153 Posts
you can replace all the way back to the stock catback w/ a cp-e header set-up or use the factory y-pipe w/ the headers and leave the rest stock. from what i understand there isn't any hp results either way yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does cpe not list a dyno sheet for the headers? like 20hp and 18 torque?

you can replace all the way back to the stock catback w/ a cp-e header set-up or use the factory y-pipe w/ the headers and leave the rest stock. from what i understand there isn't any hp results either way yet.
[/b]

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
[/b]
Hmmm... From what I understand you can use the stock catback, but I don't think you can bolt just the headers onto the factory y-pipe. From CP-E's website, the factory y-pipe has flex joints that actually lead into the stock exhaust manifold piping. I don't see where one would bolt this up against the cp-e headers without a custom job but I could be wrong.

So at minimum you have to get the cp-e headers + y-pipe (race or highflow cats).

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
[/b]

I love newbs leading other newbs astray...

You must get at least the cpe headers and y pipe. You can use the stock catback without a problem

·
Registered
344 Posts
yeah u could use the cp-e headers with the factory catback but need the y-pipe, that is what im running right now. headers with the factory catback.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yeah u could use the cp-e headers with the factory catback but need the y-pipe, that is what im running right now. headers with the factory catback.
[/b]

How does it sound with the factory catback still on?
[/b]

I don't think that anyone has done it yet with the factory catback
[/b]
Seems 'mk6' has, if I read this correctly. ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
yea i do have the headers on with the stock catback, and this as quite as you get, but then when u floor it gets louddd. With the stock catback you hear hear the headers/engine way more , wait thats the only thing you hear. but u do hear the headers alot more even more as the rpms get higher and higher right when you hit vvt thing goes crazy, and the headers get even more louder. it does sound alittle raspy tho, but it reminds me of how a M3 sounds i dunno why. but i am going to get video this tuesdayand have it up by wednesday if everthing goes well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hmmm... From what I understand you can use the stock catback, but I don't think you can bolt just the headers onto the factory y-pipe. From CP-E's website, the factory y-pipe has flex joints that actually lead into the stock exhaust manifold piping. I don't see where one would bolt this up against the cp-e headers without a custom job but I could be wrong.

So at minimum you have to get the cp-e headers + y-pipe (race or highflow cats).
[/b]

Who in there right mind would spend all that money on long tube headers and not buy performance exhaust?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
zoomnbyu
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing