Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have email rpm in reference to the cpe mounts. my question is whether the one that he has have already been fixed by cpe and which will be better for the v6/green or orange. I know search, but did not get anywhere with that. :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought CPE only ever made yellow (durometer 90), red (durometer 60), and blue (durometer 70), where yellow and red were limited production and they only make blue now.
[/b]
man, I going have to start visiting the forum again. I sound really stupid then. RPM carries them, but are blue trouble free, I read some where that people were having problems with and needed to send them back to cpe. Have the problem been fixed on the blue?

·
Registered
128 Posts
The problem with the old ones were that the rubber slides out of the mount after a while. I think all the new ones are fixed with the dowel pin.
[/b]
I just noticed mine this weekend having trouble with it sliding out. How do I get this taken care of, just talk to CPE directly? I got it from RPM should I go through them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I just noticed mine this weekend having trouble with it sliding out. How do I get this taken care of, just talk to CPE directly? I got it from RPM should I go through them?

Thanks.
[/b]
You ship the mount, and the triangle piece back to CPE and they fix it (about 2 day turnaround) and then ship it back to you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You ship the mount, and the triangle piece back to CPE and they fix it (about 2 day turnaround) and then ship it back to you.
[/b]
OK, that's cool. So they fix what you already have? I have a red one and that was my concern that they would replace it with a stiffer one. I would really prefer to keep the red. Too bad I will need to have down time, this is my only car.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
OK, that's cool. So they fix what you already have? I have a red one and that was my concern that they would replace it with a stiffer one. I would really prefer to keep the red. Too bad I will need to have down time, this is my only car.
[/b]
You could put the stock mount back on for the time being if you still have it, it would be better than nothing and would likely still be drivable unless it's completely torn.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You could put the stock mount back on for the time being if you still have it, it would be better than nothing and would likely still be drivable unless it's completely torn.
[/b]
Yeah, I think that is going to end up being what I will have to do, just wast trying to avoid it. I also have to find that thing, I just chucked it in the back a of closet somewhere I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts