Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Many people have been waiting for the downpipe and its finally here. We are currently in the manufacturing process and will start shipping middle next week. Thats the week of the 25th. The introductory pricing is available through Cullen at Street Unit and Donny at RPM. THe intro price is 509 without CAT shipped. Please visit our website at www.cp-e.com for more information and pictures of the downpipe.

Thanks,
Custom Performance Engineering

·
Registered
721 Posts
From your other thread you said this catless version threw a CEL correct? or did you find a solution for that?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
From your other thread you said this catless version threw a CEL correct? or did you find a solution for that?
[/b]

From the CP-E website:

"The downpipe may be ordered with or without catalytic converters, for use on-road or off-road, respectively. The off-road downpipe features an oxygen sensor provision that suppresses the P0420 check engine code. The catalytic converter equipped downpipe features a metallic monolithic honeycomb catalyst designed for maximum flow and surface area. With the downpipe installed, one can expect better than 20 horsepower at the wheels, and a marked increase in engine responsiveness."

In any case, I just ordered the full turbo back kit!

·
Registered
100 Posts
From the CP-E website:

"The downpipe may be ordered with or without catalytic converters, for use on-road or off-road, respectively. The off-road downpipe features an oxygen sensor provision that suppresses the P0420 check engine code. The catalytic converter equipped downpipe features a metallic monolithic honeycomb catalyst designed for maximum flow and surface area. With the downpipe installed, one can expect better than 20 horsepower at the wheels, and a marked increase in engine responsiveness."
In any case, I just ordered the full turbo back kit!
[/b]
Without the cat? or with the highflow cat?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hello everyone,
Many people have been waiting for the downpipe and its finally here. We are currently in the manufacturing process and will start shipping middle next week. Thats the week of the 25th. The introductory pricing is available through Cullen at Street Unit and Donny at RPM. THe intro price is 509 without CAT shipped. Please visit our website at www.cp-e.com for more information and pictures of the downpipe.

Thanks,
Custom Performance Engineering
[/b]

Do you have any sound clips of the Catless Downpipe and the stock exhaust? I want to go with this, but I don't want it to be too loud.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
"The off-road downpipe features an oxygen sensor provision that suppresses the P0420 check engine code."

I read this but could have swore that CP-E still got a CEL. Is there any gaurantee of no CELs like on the intake? If so I'm in!
EDIT: I found it...
[/b]
That CEL post is interesting...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
That CEL post is interesting...
[/b]

Yes it is. I guess they got everything worked out. If not they probably should have left out the part about the CEL supression.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Yes it is. I guess they got everything worked out. If not they probably should have left out the part about the CEL supression.
[/b]
Yes, they did get it worked out. Once it threw the code, they immediately went back to work on it and have made adjustments that have solved the problem. They've had the car running for nearly a week now with no problems and they're going to be putting another 150 miles on it tomorrow for even more assurance.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Just a comment....

If the install turns out to be not so difficult, it might make sense to some people just to get the catless version and reinstall the stock piece for inspection/warranty work.

Can anyone give some more detailed info about the install?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yes, they did get it worked out. Once it threw the code, they immediately went back to work on it and have made adjustments that have solved the problem. They've had the car running for nearly a week now with no problems and they're going to be putting another 150 miles on it tomorrow for even more assurance.
[/b]

I had already bought the downpipe from you before I posted that, but it's good to hear I won't have any issues. I wonder what will get here first, the downpipe or the CF parts???

·
Registered
851 Posts
looks like they used a modified no fowler setup with a tube thingie

·
Registered
721 Posts
have they tested for boost creep with full turbo-back setup?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Any sound clip of this with an aftermarket exhaust? The pipe looks very nice, I'm concerned the lack of cats will make it super loud.

·
Registered
851 Posts
shouldn't be to bad as the turbo is the most effective muffler.
should probably sound around the same as a evo with a similar setup.

seoul has some posted of the prototype turboback look around for those

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
have they tested for boost creep with full turbo-back setup?
[/b]
Yes, they said that there were no problems with boost creep with the full turbo-back installed.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yes, they said that there were no problems with boost creep with the full turbo-back installed.
[/b]
Excellent. Now how bout DP+Exhaust+Intake dyno numbers!

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Excellent. Now how bout DP+Exhaust+Intake dyno numbers!
[/b]
I don't have an answer for the one. However, I do know that CPE hasn't done a dyno with the full setup installed. I think they prefer to just do a stock vs. upgrade dyno for each part since they don't necessarily sell them as a package, and since dynoing every possible combination of parts would take a significant amount of time and cost quite a bit. They don't have a dyno in-house at this time, after all.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts