Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the cat-less downpipe is being released...and we have 2 cats with the stock DP... If we get the cat-less downpipe, does one cat still remain, and will it therefore pass inspection?? I know there was some discussion about this before....Sorry for the wordiness..

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
So the cat-less downpipe is being released...and we have 2 cats with the stock DP... If we get the cat-less downpipe, does one cat still remain, and will it therefore pass inspection?? I know there was some discussion about this before....Sorry for the wordiness..
[/b]

Judging by the pictures, the CP-E downpipe replaces the factory downpipe with the pre-cat and the midpipe with the second cat. So, the catless downpipe doesn't have any cats. It will not pass a sniffer test, but will probably pass a computer scan as long as it doesn't thorw a CEL for cat effeincy, and will definatly fail a visual inspection. The catted downpipe will have 1 cat in relatively the same location as the stock pre-cat. It might pass a sniffer test, should definatly pass a computer scan, but will probably still fail a visual inspection. Both are still illegal for on road use.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
[/b]
The catless one eliminates both, the catted one gets rid of the 2, and uses one high flow cat...

Emissions may vary, but you should be ok...

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Meh, it probably could be, but it doesn't really need to be...

Anyways, this thread should be done?? Lock it??? Question is answered....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts