Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Revolution Performance Motorsports, your premiere source for Mazdaspeed 6 parts and accessories, is proud to bring you the latest product from Custom Performance Engineering, the first downpipe for the Mazdaspeed 6. Coupled with the CPE Cat-Back exhaust, we are also able to offer the first turbo-back exhaust system on the market!

The stock, two-piece downpipe on the Mazdaspeed 6 is one of several parts that stifles the performance potential of the turbocharged and intercooled MZR engine. It has crimps, bends, two catalytic converters, and a constrictive diameter. These attributes were acceptable for Mazda, but not for CPE or its enthusiasts.

The solution to this problem is as simple as it is elegant: a single 304 stainless steel pipe with a generous 3” diameter, a single high flow metallic cat, and two gentle mandrel bends to contour the Mazdaspeed 6’s underbelly. The new downpipe represents an obvious improvement over the stock unit in both form and function.

The CPE downpipe will be available with or without catalytic converters, for use on-road or off-road, respectively. The off-road downpipe features an oxygen sensor provision that suppresses the P0420 check engine code. The on-road, catted downpipe features a monolithic honeycomb catalyst designed for maximum flow and surface area.

With the CPE downpipe in place, one can expect better than 20 horsepower, and a marked increase in engine responsiveness. Dyno charts can be found on our website at the link below.

We are currently taking pre-orders for this item. Orders will begin shipping at the end of this month! Be one of the first to get it! Reserve yours now!

Initially, only the off-road downpipe without a catalytic converter will be shipping. All orders for the catted downpipe will be held until those units are available. CPE has not released an ETA for the catted version as they are still doing testing to ensure a quality cat is used.

Our introductory pricing is $509 shipped. This price will be available until October 17.

You can reserve yours via this link to our website:

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=318

Or, if you'd prefer to order the full turbo-back, use this link instead:

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=349

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ordered! Can't wait!

Hope the order goes smooth... As i'm having it shipped to a work address since I don't want some of the little fuckers around here to steal the package off my pourch... again!

Anyway, I hope this install isn't a huge PITA... Come 2010, i'll be swapping it out for smog testing =(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts