Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just thought I would report that I installed the CP-E engine mount that I ordered from Street Unit Performance and it does seem to make the connection when shifting/launching tighter. I like it so far. Not a drastic difference from stock and I do get a noticeable increase in engine vibration in the cabin at idle but that's to be expected. It was a clean install!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi everyone, just thought I would report that I installed the CP-E engine mount that I ordered from Street Unit Performance and it does seem to make the connection when shifting/launching tighter. I like it so far. Not a drastic difference from stock and I do get a noticeable increase in engine vibration in the cabin at idle but that's to be expected. It was a clean install!
[/b]

Hey Matt, how long did it take you to install and what tools were necessary? On a scale from 1-5 what's the difficulty?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Matt, how long did it take you to install and what tools were necessary? On a scale from 1-5 what's the difficulty?

thanks!
[/b]
Well I would say it took about an hour. I had to use a jackstand on the driver's side and use my floor jack to take the pressure off of the transmission to ease removal of mount. Difficulty was probably about a 2. Nothing complicated, just a couple bolts and a bracket. You just have to get under the car and knock the bolts loose and switch out the mount. You just need a 17mm and 19mm wrench for the bolts.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
vibration is vey minimal. from 1-10, i give it a 2-3. its only noticeable when you're waiting at a light, but it isnt enough to get annoying at all. you'll hardly notice it after a little while. the smoothness you get during shifting is far greater than any negatives from vibration. i highly recommend the mod.

it takes much less than an hour to install. including jacking up the car and taking off the splash shield, it should only take about 15 mins. and as always, safety first, and it's probably better that you do it with a friend.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the info... I was giving this mod a thought - I think i'll have to put it on my To Do List now.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how noticeable is the vibration at idle on a scale of 1-10, where stock is 1 and 10 is a diesal truck?
[/b]
I would agree with ryceboi, the vibration is primarily noticed at idle and it isn't that big of a deal anyway. The gains in crispness in hookup between shifts is worth it. I did it by myself which is why I took a little more time. As to pictures of the install, I didn't take any but once it's installed there really isn't much to see anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts