Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the video. I'm only putting this up as a service to all my MS6 M6 family~! As i stated with the write up this video does nothing to show how the exhaust truely sounds. The exhaust is actually much quieter in person. The camcorder makes it seem a lot louder then it acutally is. But you can definately tell the TONE is much SMOOTHER. The system has completely lost that sort of raspy sound. ENJOY.

CPE 3 piece exhaust video

PS i just uploaded the video so youtube normally takes a few hours before it clears

·
Registered
700 Posts
sounds great man, i love the screen too. although it looks a little high for me.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
The exhaust doesn't sound THAT loud on the video. Actually... it sounds pretty mean. Tried any video of it from outside the car?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yeah... lately seems like everything I want to do online at any one time.. is down.... Wanted to view this.... Youtube down... Wanted to view spikerhumor last night... was down.. wanted to download a game demo... was "unavailable"

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Damn UTOOB!! :D waiting....waiting..........still waiting........

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you got the dp on there as well?
[/b]
yeah this is the full turbo back. I have the DP with Cat and the new 3 piece exhaust system. I just heard it on youtube and its acutally not that loud. I guess it was just real loud when i had it on my laptop and tv. actually hearing it on you tube it sounds pretty close. but then this could just be my volume settings on youtube etc. Heres the next best thing i can do. I'll just give a ride to anyone in the area. so if your in the VA DC MD area i'll be more then glad to meet u up at give u a hear/ ride/ test run/ watever ya need ^__^.

·
Registered
247 Posts
man that sounds really great. I like it. Now when you say 3 section exhaust what exactly do you mean. Its just adding a second muffler into their single exit exhaust right? How much power do you think you lost because of the 2nd muffler, probably only a couple horse you think?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
That sounds beautiful. CPE once again has done a great job.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Ug, listen to that drone at the end :-(

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
yeah this is the full turbo back. I have the DP with Cat and the new 3 piece exhaust system. I just heard it on youtube and its acutally not that loud. I guess it was just real loud when i had it on my laptop and tv. actually hearing it on you tube it sounds pretty close. but then this could just be my volume settings on youtube etc. Heres the next best thing i can do. I'll just give a ride to anyone in the area. so if your in the VA DC MD area i'll be more then glad to meet u up at give u a hear/ ride/ test run/ watever ya need ^__^.
[/b]
thats what you said last time about the catback and the thing was noisy. thats actually pretty loud compared to the catback itself, especially noticeable with the windows up. its not loud compared to the sti turboback tho.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sounds good. Like you took the gag off a tiger and now it can really roar.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
man that sounds really great. I like it. Now when you say 3 section exhaust what exactly do you mean. Its just adding a second muffler into their single exit exhaust right? How much power do you think you lost because of the 2nd muffler, probably only a couple horse you think?
[/b]
I seriously doubt i lost too much power. The 2nd muffler is a bullet type like the first one. I feel no power loss so i'd imagine if there is any power loss its only like a couple hp

·
Registered
247 Posts
I seriously doubt i lost too much power. The 2nd muffler is a bullet type like the first one. I feel no power loss so i'd imagine if there is any power loss its only like a couple hp
[/b]

sweet. thanks for posting the video. I think you have sold me on the cp-e turbo back. Now I just need to sell the wife on it. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
[/b]
Your'e on, would love to hear/see it. Good to meet some fellow Speed owners in the area! Hell, I'll even spring for some beers and grub if we make it to my restaurant in Arlington. Thanks, and I will shoot you a PM

·
Registered
267 Posts
I personally love the sound of that. I didnt care for the first, but that sounds better. So, after I have my dp installed, I will start saving up for exhaust. (Unless somebody comes out with a catback for the ms6 for cheaper)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts