Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The install takes less than 30 minutes, but you will need to drill out the spacers that come with the mount as they don't fit around the bolt(looks like the speed uses a larger bolt than the regular 6).

After installing this thing there is almost no engine movement at all, and I no longer get any noises/clunks when shifting hard. There is definatly more vibration at idle, so those of you dont like to feel your engine running might want to skip this mod. Anyone who won't be bothered by a little vibration shold definatly get this mount...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear that it works. Might want to contact CPE to let them know about the bolt size
[/b]
I did call and leave a message with their answering service.

It's pretty easy to open up the spacers with a step bit though, so it's not really even much of a problem.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Too bad you have to make a modification to a part specifically designed for a 'mazdaspeed 6'. Especially a part that is in such demand because so many mazdaspeed6 owners have torn their engine mounts already.

:rolleyes:

The OEM wishbone engine mount on the Mazda SPEED6 has been known to be a weak link.
[/b]

·
Registered
294 Posts
Too bad you have to make a modification to a part specifically designed for a 'mazdaspeed 6'. Especially a part that is in such demand because so many mazdaspeed6 owners have torn their engine mounts already.

[/b]
Really? How would I find out if I had torn mine?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Really? How would I find out if I had torn mine?
[/b]
:huh:

I'll bet you $20,000 USD you haven't torn yours.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

[/b]
Dude, did someone at CP-E shit in your cheerios or something. Just about every thread that mentions anything by CP-E I see you making smart comments. And I'm sure if you complain about it loud enough they change the wording on the page so it wont bother you--Even though you've made it rather clear that you have no intentions of using their products.

As for the mount it isn't specifically made for the speed6, it a part made for the regular 6 that will work on our car. I really don't consider needing to drill out the two included aluminum spacers an extra 1/8" a huge problem. I've talked to CP-E about it, they are going to make sure the rest of the mounts go out with the correct spacers. Even after having to modify the spacers it's still an easy install that's well worth the money and effort invested.

·
Registered
998 Posts
No, I just don't believe in overpaying for products and hanging from a companies nuts like many here do.

Who said I won't use any of their products, when I find a product that provides the performance for a reasonable price I'll gladly purchase it. I realize you're close with CP-E as you have their parts on your car hours after they release them and that's cool, good for you.

I'm sorry, but what they wrote in the description is not a 'mistake' on their part. They purposely wrote that to make *you* think you need this or need that part becuase it's a common problem with the speed6.

Has ANYONE torn their engine mount?

NO.

The description should state, this is a common problem on the Standard 6's and therefore would be a good upgrade for the speed6.

I think it's great they're coming out with products, I'm excited to see what they do for a downpipe and FMIC, however I'm almost certain I'll be disappointed by either the design or price. They're in this business for the business, not for the people. If they were in it for the people I'd open my heart to them for all they do.

But to each their own.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
No, I just don't believe in overpaying for products and hanging from a companies nuts like many here do.

Who said I won't use any of their products, when I find a product that provides the performance for a reasonable price I'll gladly purchase it. I realize you're close with CP-E as you have their parts on your car hours after they release them and that's cool, good for you.

I'm sorry, but what they wrote in the description is not a 'mistake' on their part. They purposely wrote that to make *you* think you need this or need that part becuase it's a common problem with the speed6.

NO.

The description should state, this is a common problem on the Standard 6's and therefore would be a good upgrade for the speed6.

I think it's great they're coming out with products, I'm excited to see what they do for a downpipe and FMIC, however I'm almost certain I'll be disappointed by either the design or price. They're in this business for the business, not for the people. If they were in it for the people I'd open my heart to them for all they do.

But to each their own.
[/b]
I don't see how CPE overcharges for their products. There is a lot of R&D time into their products, and there is no one else doing what they are. They have a limited market, and they must recoup costs. Why don't you go out and start your own company that makes the same parts at lower prices.

·
Registered
756 Posts

But to each their own.
[/b]
I have going to totally have to disagree with that. I ordered from them on Tuesday at about noon. I got a call from Josh at about 4pm, just checking to see if i knew that I ordered the tunable customizer. I called back on wed and talked with Josh for a few minutes. He gave me some good info. Chatted for a couple minutes and told me he would ship out that day. Got my package today.
They are in it for money, obviosly. But since they are still a small company, they still care about there customers. And I have NO problem paying a little more for great sevice and great products.

See Accolade thread.

ANyway, thanks CPE.

·
Registered
998 Posts
$300 for a pipe and filter is overcharging.

Creating product descriptions that make owners believe their 7 month old vehicle is known to have problems tearing engine mounts.

If those don't make them look like a 'big business' just after your money then obviously you have too much money to burn.

Everytime I call Cingular I get great customer service. Tell me they're not in it for the money.

There's no point in starting my own company to make parts for the speed6, it appears CP-E has the 6 community brain washed into thinking thier products are superior.

If you disagree take a look at all of the AEM intake doubts.

Seriously, NO speed6 needs a new engine mount right now. There is NO ONE who is putting down that type of power that is ripping the stock one. I guarantee the highest mileage for a speed6 on this board is at most 10k and I guarantee if you're that high in mileage your engine mount is fine for what you're doing.

How about CP-E put their time, effort, and money into ECU tuning. We need this aspect more than any 'fluff' items like a lightweight battery tray and engine mount (for example).

BUt hell, what do I know.

How many speed6 owners have reached 80% of their cars potential before throwing on a CAI?

It's about buying as many parts as possible so you can fill up your sig with a list of parts. I find it interesting they're working on a full exhaust and FMIC setup, but still no way of tuning. :huh: We all know this car runs stupid rich, why not fix that and get mid to low 13s on the stock setup with some tuning.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

NO.

But to each their own.
[/b]
I fail to see how CP-E is overcharging us for any of their products. The people at CP-E spend their time and money developing parts for our car and they deserve to be compensated for it--real R&D cost money, it's not just as simple as bending some metal so it fits in a given area. They are not running a charity, they are running a buisness.

I'm not close to CP-E, I had never even heard of them before I bought my speed(they are in MD and I'm in NC). I had an AEM intake on my mazda 3 and had a CEL like clockwork every three weeks after I put it on, so there was no way I was putting one of their intakes on my speed. I paid $200 for a hasport motor mount for my prelude, $100 for an AWR mount for my 3(nothing but a stock mount with a piece of pipe welded in), so why not pay $160 for a good looking billet mount for my speed--If the stock mount breaks in the regular 6 how long do you think the same stock mount will last in the speed with almost double the torque.

I pay for performance, not a name, and right now CP-E has the best performance--end of story.

If you think it's great that they are coming out with products, then why do you bash them, and call them overpriced, and say people who buy their products are "hanging from their nuts". How about you don't post anything in those threads, or just start your own "Why CP-E sucks today" thread.

We all have different ideas about what constitutes "value", and that's the biggest difference between me and you I think. I see value in effort, and research, quality, and customer service--and am willing to pay a little more for it. You see value in the bulk isle at walmart and durabrand electronics sourced from China--and think you should get a discount for buying more than one. But hey, maybe someday a little chinese child will make you a from mount intercooler with cheap aluminum and shitty welds and you can buy it on ebay so feel all warm inside because your $99 front mount was a good deal(notice I didn't say value).

I mean no disrespect to anyone on the forum who is/plans to be/or ever was Chinease. :love:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's no point in starting my own company to make parts for the speed6, it appears CP-E has the 6 community brain washed into thinking thier products are superior.

If you disagree take a look at all of the AEM intake doubts.[/b]
Your company would go out of buisness because you'd have to sell for 2% above cost to satisfy all the customers like yourself--because after all your intake is just a pipe with a filter right??

My AEM on my 3 was a piece of shit and therw CELS, just like it did on the 6. Mabey that's why people aren't buying it for the speed. Nope, CP-E has gotten their brainwash kool-aid in the national water supply.

Seriously, NO speed6 needs a new engine mount right now. There is NO ONE who is putting down that type of power that is ripping the stock one. I guarantee the highest mileage for a speed6 on this board is at most 10k and I guarantee if you're that high in mileage your engine mount is fine for what you're doing.
[/b]
My stock mount clunked every time I shifted hard, that's not fine to me. There were plenty of relatively stock 6's breaking the mount, why not replace it in the speed before it breaks. If $160 is going to have you eating ramen noodles for a month, don't buy it, and you probably shouldn't be modding anyways.

How about CP-E put their time, effort, and money into ECU tuning. We need this aspect more than any 'fluff' items like a lightweight battery tray and engine mount (for example).

BUt hell, what do I know.
[/b]
I believe that they do have plans to offer some kind of boost control/af managent in the future, but how many people do you think are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for engine management before they do the basic intake/downpipe/exaust. Usually people try to get the simpler (read eaiser/cheaper) stuff out of the way. Why do you need engine management when the engine is still stock.

I don't know what you know(or even how your logic works). But I know that even if they did release some engine management you'd say it cost too much for a little box that's nothing but some plastic and wires, and tell me I'm "hanging on CP-E's nuts " for buying it.

How many speed6 owners have reached 80% of their cars potential before throwing on a CAI?
[/b]
Probably not many. But most probably like to work on their cars, and they probably aren't going to go hungry because they like to buy stuff for their car.

It's about buying as many parts as possible so you can fill up your sig with a list of parts. I find it interesting they're working on a full exhaust and FMIC setup, but still no way of tuning. :huh: We all know this car runs stupid rich, why not fix that and get mid to low 13s on the stock setup with some tuning.
[/b]
Yep, my odessy battery in my sig gets me all da bitches yo!

Rich is safe, why lean out the stock motor!

Until you have maximized the flow potential it's just a waste--spend the money a pick up a couple of extra horsepower. Or tune it after you have an intake, downpipe, and exaust, and mabey even a front mount too cool the charge temps down, and pick up three or four times the power you would have gotten tuning the stock motor. Tuning comes after mods, not before.

If anyone has any actual questions about the mount feel free to PM me as this thread is getting a little off topic.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Your company would go out of buisness because you'd have to sell for 2% above cost to satisfy all the customers like yourself--because after all your intake is just a pipe with a filter right??

My AEM on my 3 was a piece of shit and therw CELS, just like it did on the 6. Mabey that's why people aren't buying it for the speed. Nope, CP-E has gotten their brainwash kool-aid in the national water supply.
My stock mount clunked every time I shifted hard, that's not fine to me. There were plenty of relatively stock 6's breaking the mount, why not replace it in the speed before it breaks. If $160 is going to have you eating ramen noodles for a month, don't buy it, and you probably shouldn't be modding anyways.
I believe that they do have plans to offer some kind of boost control/af managent in the future, but how many people do you think are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for engine management before they do the basic intake/downpipe/exaust. Usually people try to get the simpler (read eaiser/cheaper) stuff out of the way. Why do you need engine management when the engine is still stock.

I don't know what you know(or even how your logic works). But I know that even if they did release some engine management you'd say it cost too much for a little box that's nothing but some plastic and wires, and tell me I'm "hanging on CP-E's nuts " for buying it.
Probably not many. But most probably like to work on their cars, and they probably aren't going to go hungry because they like to buy stuff for their car.
Yep, my odessy battery in my sig gets me all da bitches yo!

Rich is safe, why lean out the stock motor!

Until you have maximized the flow potential it's just a waste--spend the money a pick up a couple of extra horsepower. Or tune it after you have an intake, downpipe, and exaust, and mabey even a front mount too cool the charge temps down, and pick up three or four times the power you would have gotten tuning the stock motor. Tuning comes after mods, not before.
If anyone has any actual questions about the mount feel free to PM me as this thread is getting a little off topic.
[/b]

I'm sorry you fail to see 300 is overcharging for a pipe and a filter. Yes, a pipe and a filter. Oh, and there's a flange. YOu can pick up a dsm intake for 100. This pipe is a little more complicated then the speed6 intake as it has to mate up to the stock 2g mas. I gladly paid $650 for DSMLINK. A chip and an obdii port convertor. I had no problems forking out the money for that product as it gave a way to tune the ECU. Yes, rich is safe and lean is bad. You do realize there is plenty of HP to be had from knocking that A/F ratio up a little bit and sitll run completely safe. I love working on my car; however there's no point in buying a part such as CAI that will just mask up the inefficiencies of the driver. I also paid $300 for a MAF translator, which allowed me to run VTA. That also gave me yet another way to tune the vehilce for better performance. Simply buying their products does not constitute hanging from the CPE sack; but bashing another companies products because you believe CP-E's to be better without actual knowledge or proof.

I guess coming from the DSM community I expected unity and members with the same common goals. And companies looking to help out the community and make a buck, not 100. AEM is known for high prices, and seeing their prices are lower than CP-E makes me think 'hmmmm'. So how much will this turbo-back cost? I know of plenty of DSM turbo backs with amazing welds, SS, 3" mandrel that go for $500-650. THere's nothing cheap about the quality.

Here's a great example of why you should have tuning availble first.
I made the mistake of not going with a tuning solution when I first got into dsm's. I did the usual bolt-on's, intake, boost controller, exhaust. I however did no tuning. My times went from 14.9 bone stock to 14.5. Great increases you think? Yea, except my o2's were were around 1.0v. Got an S-AFC to tune the car and gotmy 02s back around .96v and pulled off 13.7. ECU tuning is ESSENTIAL.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Yeah but the thing you aren't understanding is the principles of economics...

You can make an intake for $100 for a DSM because you are going to sell 5,000 of them.... but CP-E is projecting to sell 500 at the most, and they HAVE to cover the cost of R&D....

ECU tuning is very important, and I get frustrated when I read people on here saying "I'm getting a boost controller" because it isn't going to do anything... the turbo is tapped out as it is... but for now we should focus on leaning out the engine and getting the thing to pull harder till 5500 RPMS...

But if you think that all CP-E did is make a pipe with a filter and add a flange you are DEAD wrong.... lots of things had to be taken into consideration including the ABS brake system and MAF input location...

·
Registered
815 Posts
I guess coming from the DSM community I expected unity and members with the same common goals.
[/b]
I think making provocative statements like "hanging from CP-E's nut sack" isn't going to help with the unity thing...

I can see where you could get a little frustrated w/ the AEM intake thread, as it did sound like a few folks were slamming AEM, but I can also understand people sharing negative experiences that they may have had w/ their products for the non-speed 6.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
21 Participants
SSinstaller
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing