Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my cp-e intake hooked up for about a month or so maybe a little bit less. I recieved a cel on my way to school today it was still on when i got home so i disconnected the battery made sure all the scotchlocks were nice and tight and unplugged the maf and plugged it back in to the scotchlocks. how long does it usualy take for the customizer to reset the cel or should i even get it in the first place. it flashed for a few seconds then stayed lit.

The wierd thing is i did feel gains when i switched from the aem to the cp-e mafci especially when it starts hauling at late 3000 to early 4000 rpm's yet it didnt reset the cel. is there any way to check for sure if the customizer is really working other than a dyno? i am going to a dyno on jan 7th but i just want to know before then lol.

·
Registered
535 Posts
you shouldnt have even got a CEL with the CP-E. you must have installed the wires wrong....you might have tapped into the wrong wire or something.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope i just checked. all the scotchlocks are into the correct wires and everythings right. thats what i did before i made sure everything was snug.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u know how much of a pain it is going to be to solder that.... its not like i can just pull it out of the car and look at it lol ur stuck with ur head under the dash lol with all ur weight on ur side heh.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
prolly gonna have to solder them then :\ bah why cant it just work the first time lol.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like how everyone glossed over the fact that the CEL might be unrelated to the intake. Did you bother to pull the code? Or did you just pull the negative cable and wipe any recording of the event?

EDIT: Curses, crossbow beat me to the punch.

·
Registered
998 Posts
if your cel flashed and then stayed on I doubt it's the intake, if it comes on again don't reset it, get it scanned. It might be something more serious.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alrite... noted...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if somethings wrong how many miles on average or something does it take for a cel to pop up.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
if something is really wrong, it should pop up right then. "loose" sensor cels are often triggered by bumps, jitters that cause them to not function right but thats kind of a far shot.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive driven like 60-70 miles afterwards no cel as of yet....

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
i had a cel with my mafci, and did the reset thing, and it would take upwards of 1,000 miles for it to come back. after resetting twice, i took it to the dealer, and found out my throttle body was bad. but after i got it back, i soldered it up, just to be safe. and i am the guy dabears is reffering too. ;) :D

also- if the scotch locks are loose, it will run like hell, and do very spuratic things. trust me, it happened to me. and thus the reason mine is soldered. ;) no problems at all since i soldered it in. ;)

·
Registered
586 Posts
You guys do know there is over 100+ cels...it could be anything, even completely unrelated to the intake.

You need to call up some autozones and find one with a can bus capable scanner you can utilize to get the code, then start going after the problem.
[/b]

I like how everyone glossed over the fact that the CEL might be unrelated to the intake. Did you bother to pull the code? Or did you just pull the negative cable and wipe any recording of the event?

EDIT: Curses, crossbow beat me to the punch.
[/b]
haha...i just read this thread and after reading the first cpl posts i thought i was gonna be the first to say that it could be completely unrelated to the intake...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cel came back :\ took it to the dealer but they wouldnt check it cuz they only had 1 guy. :\ they told me to make an appointment and if it is the intake they are going to have to charge me 90 bux for the diagnostic :\ anyplace i can go to around freehold, nj that i can check it out at? or anyone that lives near me that has a scanner that would work?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if it is they should replace it no? how would i be able to tell if its bad are there any kind of symptoms associated with a bad throttle body? im also getting a burning smell of some sort sometimes when i floor it even when im moving already i only smell it for a few seconds then goes away but wut could that be? i have an 04 6s with almost 21k miles . when the cel went on it was when i was hitting the gas a good ammount. it was flashing for a few seconds then it went solid.....

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i also notice that when im going in automatic mode lets say im already moving at 50 mph or so. ill press the gas in a little and the car doesnt really go much of any faster press it in a little more nothing then press t in a little more then it will downshift. is this normal or is this a problem. doesnt really happen when im using trip only when i had it in D.

im thinking its just cuz its not in the rite gear or something which is why it doesnt move until it downshifts heh.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
10 Participants
Daishi
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing