Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had installed the headers yet...how has the feel of the car changed...and wanted to hear a sound clip of the exhaust. Anyone done it yet? Im not even sure if they have been distributed...but I want to buy em if they are worth it.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Def interested to...especially to find out how loud they are with the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had installed the headers yet...how has the feel of the car changed...and wanted to hear a sound clip of the exhaust. Anyone done it yet? Im not even sure if they have been distributed...but I want to buy em if they are worth it.
[/b]
They have not been shipped just yet. CPE is having the Y-pipes manufactured by Magnaflow and they are currently waiting for them to finish those parts. Once they start arriving in the hands of the customers, I'm sure you'll begin to hear a lot of feedback!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I know I will post my results as soon as the product is delivered and installed!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Me too, if I sell my Custom Turbo Kit. Not sure to keep it or what. But I am sure it is top of the line :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
lol I'm installing mine as soon as I get them and I have a day off work.. shouldn't be a whole lot longer now. Maybe 2-3 weeks?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
lol I'm installing mine as soon as I get them and I have a day off work.. shouldn't be a whole lot longer now. Maybe 2-3 weeks?
[/b]

if i were to purchase the headers with the cp-e y-pipe and high flow cats, would that still directly bolt on to my stock exhaust?

also, how do you install the headers yourself? cause that is what i am going to try to do

·
Registered
511 Posts
if i were to purchase the headers with the cp-e y-pipe and high flow cats, would that still directly bolt on to my stock exhaust?

also, how do you install the headers yourself? cause that is what i am going to try to do
[/b]
Yes it'll bolt up straight to your stock cat-back. It's possible to install them yourself on jackstands but it's gonna be a PITA. It's recommended to have a professional install them on a lift.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
azmz just like to let u know that in contacted cp-e about the jet coating. They told me that they wouldnt recommend ti as it doesnt need the coatnig. What he told me is a friend of his got his coated and it ended up cracking and it didnt last long... so thats what i based my descision off of i was planning on getting them coatied but not anymore..

·
Registered
179 Posts
azmz just like to let u know that in contacted cp-e about the jet coating. They told me that they wouldnt recommend ti as it doesnt need the coatnig. What he told me is a friend of his got his coated and it ended up cracking and it didnt last long... so thats what i based my descision off of i was planning on getting them coatied but not anymore..
[/b]
I am considering this coating.
It is NOT like Jet Hot. Swaintech.com

I asked for some opinions on this different technology but didn't get much of a response. I'm on the fence if I want to guinea pig myself but it's either pre-install or never cause I'm not gonna take them off to coat them once they've been on the car.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
imho that car isnt a dragracer ur not gonna need to coat the headers. they will never get hot enough to even do anywhere near close to any kind of damage.. this is also wut cp-e told me... so im going by them if they were going to produce headers that would eventualy fail then they wouldnt be producing it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
Daishi
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing