Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the final prototype on spiky's car http://youtube.com/watch?v=qGXTSUYVrHU&amp...-e%20cat%20back

here's the list, add your name and repost, i talked to josh today and he asked me to make a post to see who is interested. he needs 15 names to put it into production

1. circatm2001

if this deal goes thru then i will be putting my racing beat axle back up for sale, pm me if you are interested

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Per what I posted in the Pics/Vid forum:

I also would be interested. Ive been waiting til all the problems have been figured out with the headers before I jumped on them...... the sound was what was my #1 concern and the ability to pass emissions here in VA. I am waiting til they get the cat problem solved and the correct O2 connectors in and people have been driving with them for a few months without problems before I bought them. A matching exhaust with that big of a resonator would be a great addition as it would be something I wouldnt need an exhaust shop here to fabricate. I figured the MF, injen, and other exhaust systems wouldnt sound great with the headers and there would be some raspyness around 3-4k rpms.

With that said, I would purchase the entire exhaust system, headers and catback, once all the problems are resolved.[/b]
Summary, in a few months, AFTER they have been battle tested and proven that this exhaust mates very well with the headers and makes them sound sweet and all the tweeks are fixed with the headers, I was planning on purchasing a full exhaust system.

Im guessing that this catback was designed with their header system to eliminate the raspyness and provide the best sound for the headers.... if thats so, I would imagine at least half the guys with their headers would want these.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i'll put my name on the list when a price filters out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah - I'm interested - but I'll have to wait a while. My 6 is my only daily driver, so I want to see how things hold up over time before I purchase. PS - the video of Spiky's car is awesome... sounds SWEET.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I dont like the double tips on the mufflers :\ and how will this sound without cats?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Is that sound clip with the exhaust warmed up? It sounds like my SVT did when it was cold with that rasp.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
spiky the thing is the difference that cats and no cats made on my exhaust setup was either not raspy at all or without cats raspy..

·
Registered
884 Posts
Is that sound clip with the exhaust warmed up? It sounds like my SVT did when it was cold with that rasp.
[/b]
The car wasnt warm..the second video has the car warmed up when I am driving.

spiky the thing is the difference that cats and no cats made on my exhaust setup was either not raspy at all or without cats raspy..
[/b]
hmmm not sure then man...u might wanna call kooks and ask them..or cp-e.

·
Registered
810 Posts
the cat back is too loud for me... :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
the cat back is too loud for me... [/b]
I second that..............I'll stick to my apex-i WS. But it does sound pretty sweet tho :thumbup: .
I dont like the double tips on the mufflers :\ and how will this sound without cats?[/b]
I second that also................tips make it look cheap.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i love the sound...i want it louder ;) i was thinking of going straight pipe axle back...but it'll be raspy as hell

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I'm interested depending on the price they set, and the final design. But I would deffinately choose CP-e over most other brands if I do decide to go with an exhaust. Also, in that vid is that car equipped with the headers already?

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm interested. I don't really dig the double tips.
[/b]
I'm sure they could probably make the exhaust without the double tips...I kinda like it.

I'm interested depending on the price they set, and the final design. But I would deffinately choose CP-e over most other brands if I do decide to go with an exhaust. Also, in that vid is that car equipped with the headers already?
[/b]
Yes my car has the headers on it already!

i love the sound...i want it louder ;) i was thinking of going straight pipe axle back...but it'll be raspy as hell
[/b]
It's loud man...I'm telling you that in person it is still loud...the video doesnt do it justice. It's especially loud at WOT.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
About this Discussion
57 Replies
33 Participants
LapisBlueM6S
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing