Mazda 6 Forums banner

CP-E Intake Sound that I wasn't Expecting

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Trouble1986 
#1 ·
Wow, simply put, I'm amazed. I won't lie, I didn't notice as much of a power difference as I was expecting but then again, I'm so impatient that I installed teh intake the 2nd day I had teh car back from being in the shop for a month and a half so I didn't et a great feel for it again before the install.

Anyway, the sound....the thing sounds like it's sucking air like a turbo or something above 4grand at WOT! haha First time I heard it I was surprised. :) The thing just lets loose this sound and the car just goes. :)

In the end, I wrap through 1st gear so much faster now that I darn near hit the rev limiter on accident the first time I went WOT and it wraps so fast that part of my brain wants to tell me that the clutch is slipping although I know it's not.

Welp, there's my opinion.... :love:

#6 ·
This is why when people ask what the best-sounding exhaust system for the '6 is, I tell them about the CPE intake. The sound is better (but still non-existant on the highway when the throttle body is mostly closed), and the power gains are fantastic (especially compared to an exhaust).

#7 ·
There is nothing like the sound that CPE's intake produces, as Stretch put it, the gains are incredible. I still feel this is one of the best, if not the best mod for the 6s to date, a must have!

#9 ·
Nope, not the best mod. That's still the RB rear sway bar. :p
[/b]
You know, I can't argue that, as they have made a substantial difference on my wife's hatch and the way my Speed Protege handles, I stand corrected!

#11 ·
I installed mine 2 weeks ago. The sound and added performance is incredable... The first time my wife drove it I told her that there was no more throttle lag... I guess I should have explained throttle lag!!! All the kids outside scattered for cover as she left our driveway...

#14 ·
Well I don't realy feel much with the But Dyno but I know it pulls harder, it's so much faster, you have to let the ECU fully adjust.

And the sound is like no other intake I ever heard! there's like shistles if u hold it around 3 and play with the throttle and it's beautiful!

#16 ·
I LOVE the sound of the cp-e and my mags combined. The sound is incredible. I noticed a very good power gain with the mafci system and also at the track.
[/b]
15.1 at 94 mph...is that with the cp-e? Turbo Turbo Turbo

#17 ·
15.1 @94mph is actually a good time. It indicates a launch with a) a slow 60' time or b) a lot of wheel spin. A 94mph trap is a high for a 15.1 ET. So if he could duplicate that run with a better launch or with some better traction he'll be well into the 14's.

#18 ·
15.1 @94mph is actually a good time. It indicates a launch with a) a slow 60' time or b) a lot of wheel spin. A 94mph trap is a high for a 15.1 ET. So if he could duplicate that run with a better launch or with some better traction he'll be well into the 14's.
[/b]
I think you made my point...14's ??? 15's ???

#19 ·
Yeah, it isn't blindingly fast. But a mid-high 14-second time is respectable for a mid-size sedan. That will hold it's own against many of the competitors in it's class and some other "sports" cars. I bought my car for a practical auto-crosser, no to burn up the 1/4 mile. And for that she does just fine

#20 ·
Yeah, its not that fast of a time BUT it is a good time for the 6. My 60' time was a 2.6XX If I can get that down a few tenths Ill for surely be in the 14s. Hoping for a 14.7ish this year with the new mount and tq dampener.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.