Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've searched for a description of the sound, and I couldn't find anything. I believe that the slit vacuum hose, wrapped around the inside of the hole in the heat shield/intake holder is the most recent fix for it, though it doesn't completely eliminate the sound. I was just wondering if someone could describe the sound to me, because I've recently been hearing a new sound when it's cold outside. It's annoying the hell out of me, and I'm wondering if it's just the intake rubbing, etc., or if it is something I should really look into. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Theres a post over on 6tech about it, Blackmagic suggested tri-point bearing lubricant. Said it works wonders. Someone else siliconed the heat shield to the slit vacuum hose.

annoying cpe rattle fix

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Philter25@Oct 5 2005, 01:32 PM
Actually, it is "thank you".  Learn to type.  Asshole.  :slap:
:laugh:
[snapback]525712[/snapback]​
Noted and bookmarked for reference.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have a question about the zip ties for the ABS wiring harness. I didn't understand what the directions wanted me to do to secure the line so I just left it out for now, but I know I need to get those on there right away... So where the hell is that ABS line at anyways? It sits ontop of the new black plate right?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
It's rather large. You can't miss it.

Look at the pic in the how-to and try to look for it agian :)

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by crossbow@Oct 6 2005, 04:37 PM
Its a big giant snakelike cable covered in black plastic type electric tape thingy.
[snapback]526818[/snapback]​
Well put.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wedged some cardboard in between the pipe and the slit hose and the sound stopped entirely. Good to know it wasn't something else.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, now it's so freaking cold here in Michigan that even the cardboard doesn't entirely stop this sound. It's so damn annoying. Every time I shift, or give the car a lot of gas, I get this terrible squeaking sound from the intake. The cardboard shoved in there cuts it in half, but it's still loud enough and frequent enough to annoy the hell out of me. There must be some kind of fix! Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fuck it. I'm just going to try lubricating it or use the foam padding. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Originally posted by JettaJet@Nov 21 2005, 01:34 PM
Fuck it.  I'm just going to try lubricating it or use the foam padding.  We'll see what happens.
[snapback]562048[/snapback]​

I tried to use some foam padding, it was basically shredded by the movement of the engine. I'd think a radiator hose with a similar angle bend could be cut to fit and clamped on or something. Other than completely restricting the movement of the pipe it would take a sturdy piece of material to keep it from scraping.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I greased the whole fucking thing up with brake and caliper grease. Sound is totally gone. Looks like shit, but I can't hear a thing now.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Originally posted by JettaJet@Nov 21 2005, 05:28 PM
I greased the whole fucking thing up with brake and caliper grease.  Sound is totally gone.  Looks like shit, but I can't hear a thing now.
[snapback]562247[/snapback]​

Ah brings back memories of my first time... sigh.. The good ol days. Lol, glad it worked. Has CP-E corrected this on new intakes?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
22 Participants
sqanerd
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing