Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Double, checked wiring, going back to the garage to triple check it again...i got a 04 3.0 v6 5-speed. i get power to the car, everything interior works fine, but when i go to start i get nothing.....its kinda like when you dont push the clutch in all the way and you turn the key...electrical's work, but car wont start...any ideas? i'm desperately trying to get it done within the next hour.....responses are appreciated.... :hammerhea:

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try unplugging/plugging back in the MAF sensor.

Not sure if you double checked that, or just the under dash wiring.[/b]
yeah i uplugged it and plugged it back in and than crimped the shyt outa those scotch locks....turned on and sound purttyyy...so i dont know what it was but i'm putting this puppy back together now....! :drive:

·
Registered
429 Posts
yeah i uplugged it and plugged it back in and than crimped the shyt outa those scotch locks....turned on and sound purttyyy...so i dont know what it was but i'm putting this puppy back together now....! :drive:[/b]
Awesome! I just installed mine a couple weeks ago. Hurry up and take it for a spin :)

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i've taken it out for a spin a few times now....and wow...at first i wasn't a believer, and it might just be the sound difference...but in first gear man that puppy throws you back in your seat big time. I love just doing like 75ish on the highway and flooring it in 5th to just hear that lovely sound....car def. has a lot more pick up and go now...but there is one issue.

GAS MILEAGE!

airbox mod with conservative driving i'd get 400miles and the gas light would turn on
now with this intake i get to about 370ISH with VERY CONSERVATIVE driving....

i'm still running my normal 87 octane like i use to....and its all like 98% highway driving so my driving style hasn't changed and airpressure still remains the same....is it just me or does this intake naturally kill about 1-2mpg on everyones highway mileage? is that price we pay for raw power???

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
so i've taken it out for a spin a few times now....and wow...at first i wasn't a believer, and it might just be the sound difference...but in first gear man that puppy throws you back in your seat big time. I love just doing like 75ish on the highway and flooring it in 5th to just hear that lovely sound....car def. has a lot more pick up and go now...but there is one issue.

GAS MILEAGE!

airbox mod with conservative driving i'd get 400miles and the gas light would turn on
now with this intake i get to about 370ISH with VERY CONSERVATIVE driving....

i'm still running my normal 87 octane like i use to....and its all like 98% highway driving so my driving style hasn't changed and airpressure still remains the same....is it just me or does this intake naturally kill about 1-2mpg on everyones highway mileage? is that price we pay for raw power???[/b]
i get bad gas mileage cause i drive like a jackass

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i get bad gas mileage cause i drive like a jackass[/b]
yeah lol i mean i can get bad gas mileage to if i drove like an idiot....but here's the thing I HAVEN'T...and yet i still get lame ass gas milege i'm lucky if i can do 400 miles on a tank...even thought about taking out the intake and throwing back in the stock airbox...

in other news went to the dealer and yup...they said i need a new "dogbone mount?" is that the same thing as saying engine mount? damn guess i shifted a few to many times a little bit to hard.... :drive:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
yeah lol i mean i can get bad gas mileage to if i drove like an idiot....but here's the thing I HAVEN'T...and yet i still get lame ass gas milege i'm lucky if i can do 400 miles on a tank...even thought about taking out the intake and throwing back in the stock airbox...

in other news went to the dealer and yup...they said i need a new "dogbone mount?" is that the same thing as saying engine mount? damn guess i shifted a few to many times a little bit to hard.... :drive:[/b]
yeah its got to be the same as the cpe. you might as well upgrade, but I think I have my stock somewhere if you want it for cheap. And I have no idea how you're getting 400 miles on a tank, I don't I've ever come close to that. I also do a lot more city driving than highway.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah its got to be the same as the cpe. you might as well upgrade, but I think I have my stock somewhere if you want it for cheap. And I have no idea how you're getting 400 miles on a tank, I don't I've ever come close to that. I also do a lot more city driving than highway.[/b]
Well i hit around 360, 370 with the light on, so i figure another 3 gallons in the tank i could push out another 30 40 miles easy...but trust me i get behind trucks going up hill, gently tap the throttle, shifting around 2k everytime...all about throttle control.

anyways i started to drive like a "jackass" now and mazda says my dogbone mount..i'm assuming engine wishbone mount is torn because of it....looks like i know what my next mod is going to be

you think uping from 87 - 89 octane would do any difference? I dont rem. seeing anything when i was searching...

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Man welcome to the MAFci club. The thing is great isn't it! It is liek night and day. I mean if ever I find the need for a need for a impotency drug I will just head out for a bit a get on her. With this intake and my exhaust the car sounds and feels wicked.
I too noticed a bit of a drop in MPG. Haven't moved up from 87 octane though.

And as xshellshock so eloquently said "I drive like a jackass" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:seeya:

Edit: P.S. While you are at it with looking into the CPe lower engine mount. You shoudl take a look at the GB for the new AWR transmission mount. The two should work great together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
USAF 6S
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing