Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I bought my 05 3.0 6 a week ago, while looking around the engine bay I noticed that there was a vacuum port on the throttle body with no hose on it..

It was WAY back towards the firewall and at the very bottom..
(pretty much straight down from the electrical connector at the back of the TB)

I just plugged it off for now because it was drawing a vacuum, but should this be hooked up somewhere?

I can't find a place where it would go..

I wish I had a copy of the CP-E Install instructions :tear:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
send Cpe an email and they will send out instructions to ya, make sure you tell them what year because the wiring differs :)

Good Luck
[/b]
I was just hoping for a quick answer ;)
I'll give them a try

·
Registered
932 Posts
So, the car still isn't back together.....

I wrote to CPE asking for instructions but they have never responded. Is there a way to test the box to see if it works? I bought this off another member but maybe something is wrong with it? Anyone have a set of instructions or ANY help at all whatsoever?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That almost sounds like where the coolant line would be hooked up to the throttle body, and I'm assuming a previous owner bypassed it. Plugging it is a good choice if thats what it is.

·
Registered
364 Posts
That almost sounds like where the coolant line would be hooked up to the throttle body, and I'm assuming a previous owner bypassed it. Plugging it is a good choice if thats what it is.
[/b]
I'm thinking the same thing, yet the original poster said it was drawing a vacuum.

If it is the coolant bypass, there should be another nipple plugged off toward the top of the TB.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Well, I'm not saying the first post is my issue, I just didn't want to repost a whole new thread on the CPE. My problem is just throwing a cel and I can't get the damn thing to work. My last hope is soldering it this week but if that fails then I have no idea what to do. All this is with no instructions so maybe there is something there that may be helpful?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
if its drawing the vacuum it is probably the thing hooked up to the original airbox. You know the little black tube? I mean if its a small black tube that only gives in a little suction thats what it is. If not i have no clue..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts