Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone! I posted this over at mazda6tech as well, but was hoping for some more input. I have emailed CP-E asking the same question, but haven't heard a response back yet :( I might try to call them tonight if I have time or maybe this afternoon, but maybe some of you folks have some input! :)

Quote:

So I got my CP-E intake in today, I threw open the box and immediatly began reading through the directions, went out to my car, following the directions and finding all the pieces.

I got to the point after I take the stock airbox out, and the hose that connects the stock airbox to the throttle body has this connector on it:

But the CPE has a hose connector like

(sorry for the blurryness)

Any ideas from anyone that has done this on a 2005 6i?

Thanks for any help :)

EDIT: Yikes sorry i forgot the pictures were huge!

Also I forgot to mention that I am pretty sure this is the right application, not positive, I ordered from therpmstore.com, and definitly specified a 2005 6i model. I'm not sure how else to tell if it's right, I don't see much identification on the box or in the manual.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
there should be a vaccuum hose connected to the stock air box that goes into that... i think.. lol..

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the hose in the first picture, currently connects to a bigger hose between the throttle body and the stock airbox..?? It is shown in the first picture as being unplugged so I could show the connector it currently uses. I guess the biggest question is, where would that one connect to?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Does the white thing pull out of the accordian tube? If it does you can plug it back into the hose (where it is stock), and then just run the vaccuum line from that connection currently in the accordian tube into the CPE Intake. Just a guess, the 6cylinder has an elbow that looks the same on both sides, no funky connection like that.

·
Registered
487 Posts
the white thing does pull out of the accordian tube. 90% sure. i'll be super duper nice and check my car for you (no charge this time).

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Heat up the old hose with the black connector thing on it and pull the connector out. (A bic lighter should do the trick) The hose (sans connector thingy) should now slide onto the CPE nipple. Secure it with a small hose clamp or medium zip tie. (You may have to reroute the hose if it's too short.) You can snap the connector back on to the accordian for storage in case you ever decide to go back to stock you'll have all the pieces. ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of the guys from CP-E replied to my email and gave the simple solution of using a small piece of the tubing that was supplied (which will also be used to dampen noise around the heat shield) to couple the two together. I like that solution, so I guess we'll try that one out :)

Thanks for the assistance T mo!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help everyone!!!!!! :)

I got the intake installed tonight!! Woo hoo!!! I started it right up the first time, everything was running great, backed out of the driveway, drove around for 2 miles exactly, then I lost all of my power, coasted to a stop, and the engine died. I spent a little time looking around, and it looks like where I connected the vaccum hose that goes in behind the throttle body (i guess the one that is supposed to be closed off?) isn't really secure to the nipple on the intake.

Would that cause that problem? Or you think it's something else??

I tried to start the car a couple of times, it sounded like it would try to start then just bogged down. I looked at it puzzled, and let it set for a minute, went back, and it started up again... just enough for me to drive home. Now it is doing it again in my driveway!!!

Think its that hose, or something else? :sarc:

EDIT: BTW I got the white thing out of the accordian, with some persuasion (hopefully i didnt hurt the accordian too much :p) and I used a small hose to couple the two together.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Thanks for all the help everyone!!!!!! :)

I got the intake installed tonight!! Woo hoo!!! I started it right up the first time, everything was running great, backed out of the driveway, drove around for 2 miles exactly, then I lost all of my power, coasted to a stop, and the engine died. I spent a little time looking around, and it looks like where I connected the vaccum hose that goes in behind the throttle body (i guess the one that is supposed to be closed off?) isn't really secure to the nipple on the intake.

Would that cause that problem? Or you think it's something else??
[/b]
That certainly sounds like a poor electrical connection, or the wrong wire being tapped with the Maf-ci box, doesn't sound too much like a mechanical problem to me. Just double/tripe check the numbers and make sure the connecters are properly pinched together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
mike2005
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing