Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing the CPE intake with the MAF customizer and the engine will not turn over. I followed the directions to a T or at least i thought i did, because now the car won't start. It makes a buzzing noise right where the intake connects to the engine. It does this for about 3-4 seconds when the car is first turned on and then it does it again when the car is turned off. Need help with this problem ASAP. Please just PM me if you know anything.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
just wondering how long it took you for the install?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Originally posted by Raynman@Nov 8 2005, 11:40 PM
Make sure that the "blade" part of the male plugs is actually in the Scotch lock.
[snapback]553479[/snapback]​

I had a problem with this too, the blade of the male plugs just doesn't want to have anything to do with the slot in the scotchlock.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what did you do to get the male plug to work. i sure hope i get this to work. thanks for the help guys. keep advise comming though. by the way the install didnt take to long a little over 2 hours but we were taking our time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well we finally got the engine to start and now that it is actually running I already love the CPE Intake. It was just like Crossbow said, scothloks weren't connecting right. I must have gone back and rechecked those scotchloks 4 or 5 times, each time making sure they were tighter than the last. I guess the last time must have been the key, because it turned over with no problem. Thanks for all the posts guys, without the forum I might have given up.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Excessive solder can cause weird resistances and throw those Small Signal Voltages off....Solder only if you have experience and can do it cleanly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to solder it in, but I do not know how, or at least not well enough to trust myself. The only person who knew how wouldn't go near it because he was freaking out about me voiding my warranty. I can go back in and solder it later if i so choose, can't I?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
yes you certainly can. thats exactly what i did. after some weird issues that ended up being due to poor connections...ie...i am not really comfortable with scotch locks anyways...;) :D

btw mbrogz has is nailed, wanna make sure and get a good solder joint, because a bad one could be just as harmful as a loose scotch lock. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
AzMz6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing