Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 749 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I just got off the phone with josh @ cp-e.... header project is a go, prototype should be ready in about 2 months... they will be using my car as the donor car... details are still up in the air, but price should be a little over that of the dc sports/wagner headers, but the quality will be unmatched... plus the cp-e headers will be offered with a tune of the maf customizer, optimizing performance for the headers :drool:

i will provide more info as it is passed on to me... just wanted to give everyone the heads up, and something to look forward to!

:seeya:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Originally posted by 302mazda6s@Apr 27 2005, 12:45 PM
ok so I just got off the phone with josh @ cp-e.... header project is a go, prototype should be ready in about 2 months... they will be using my car as the donor car... details are still up in the air, but price should be a little over that of the dc sports/wagner headers, but the quality will be unmatched... plus the cp-e headers will be offered with a tune of the maf customizer, optimizing performance for the headers  :drool:

i will provide more info as it is passed on to me... just wanted to give everyone the heads up, and something to look forward to!

:seeya:
[snapback]400255[/snapback]​

Is that a tune FOR the headers? Or a tune for the headers AND intake? Or is it one you're going to have to tune yourself? So what I'm asking is....is going to come like the CP-E MAFci box is now pre-tuned for optimization or is it one we're going to have to tune ourself? I don't feel like buying a damned lap top just so I can optimize the performance of headers and an intake. I'm hoping they have it pre-tuned like the MAFci intake is now or else I'll be going with a different company. :/

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
well if its gonna be more money i hope the gains are there to match the price increase .

·
Registered
456 Posts
Originally posted by RenoM6@Apr 27 2005, 05:43 PM
Is that a tune FOR the headers?  Or a tune for the headers AND intake?  Or is it one you're going to have to tune yourself?  So what I'm asking is....is going to come like the CP-E MAFci box is now pre-tuned for optimization or is it one we're going to have to tune ourself?  I don't feel like buying a damned lap top just so I can optimize the performance of headers and an intake.  I'm hoping they have it pre-tuned like the MAFci intake is now or else I'll be going with a different company.  :/
[snapback]400311[/snapback]​
Well im guessing that the tune will help allow more air to be sucked in so the aftermarket headers can really do their job and help the car breath better,

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
the quality remains to be seen.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by BangHatch@Apr 27 2005, 04:35 PM
i see this is posted in the V6 forum... is there any news for the 4cylinder?
[snapback]400298[/snapback]​

v6 is only thing planned so far... i've been told the stock headers on the 4cylinder are acually quite good for a stock setup...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by leftyrev@Apr 27 2005, 07:09 PM
well if its gonna be more money i hope the gains are there to match the price increase .
[snapback]400401[/snapback]​

i think the gains will justify the price, due to the addition of the ability to tune with the maf customizer

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Pulszar@Apr 28 2005, 07:25 AM
kikass news.. thanks for donating your ride so they can get this done.
[snapback]400665[/snapback]​

yeah its gonna suck not having the car for a few weeks... hahahaha but i look at it as taking one for the team... these cp-e headers are gonna be sick just wait :yesnod: ;)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Originally posted by 302mazda6s@Apr 28 2005, 08:39 AM
yeah its gonna suck not having the car for a few weeks... hahahaha but i look at it as taking one for the team... these cp-e headers are gonna be sick just wait  :yesnod:  ;)
[snapback]400675[/snapback]​
im sure you are getting compensted with a freebie or major discount tho for your discomfort of volunteering your car . it if saved me $500 i would do it also .

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by leftyrev@Apr 29 2005, 08:03 AM
im sure you are getting compensted with a freebie or major discount tho for your discomfort of volunteering your car . it if saved me $500 i would do it also .
[snapback]401497[/snapback]​

:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Im looking in to buying the customizer, I alraedy have the Injen and am not replacing it anytime soon. So is it worth getting one now...or waiting until after the headers are released, because I am definatly planning on those...but dont know if I will not get the same gains with the current tune on the MAFci. Or are they even planning on releasing a new tune for after the headers are released???

MARc

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tunable headers... cool. More little black boxes behind the ECU. I hope teh headers will have an increase of a minimal 15+ hp... :D

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I doubt the headers are tunable per se. What you will probably get is a map designed for their intake AND headers. Once you have that set up, I am uncertain how necessary it would be to have a "tunable" version of the MAF customizer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE: car will be going to cp-e next tuesday (june 28th) HOPEFULLY headers will be done within a month... time for everyone to start saving :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by 302mazda6s@Jun 22 2005, 08:50 AM
UPDATE: car will be going to cp-e next tuesday (june 21st) HOPEFULLY headers will be done within a month... time for everyone to start saving  :D
[snapback]437053[/snapback]​
Oh yeah! Looking forward to it! If it's anywhere near as good as the intake it should kick some ass!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by 302mazda6s@Jun 22 2005, 08:50 AM
UPDATE: car will be going to cp-e next tuesday (june 21st) HOPEFULLY headers will be done within a month... time for everyone to start saving  :D
[snapback]437053[/snapback]​
Errr.... you meant June 28th right??

1 - 20 of 749 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.