Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the Engine mount on I want to say for about 10 months now w/o problem and until recently when accelrating and changing gears I heard a creaking from what seemed to be under the dash and it was only while cold so I took it to the dealer and they said it was most likely the engine mount.

I myself have the yellow engine mount, so I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems with the mount, mainly in the cooler climates.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea they said to take it off and if the problem persits to bring it back to diagnosis it further, they also noted that it was causing the trans mount to also go bad and they wouldn't replace it if cp-e mount was there.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Are you running the CPE intake as well?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Why is the cpe engine mount causing the trans mount to go bad? It should be doing the same job that the stock one did...

Ya might try oiling up the mount to get it quiet.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've wondered about this too. I've had two trans mounts fail since installing the CPE mount. Maybe by fixing one weak link we've exposed another...

I kinda doubt the creaking sound would be coming from the CPE mount 'cause that thing is darn near solid. I wouldn't doubt that installing it might cause something else to creak though - maybe one of the other mounts?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
By making the rear mount stiffer all the engine movement that it no longer allows is being put on the other mounts. Someone, CP-E or not should look into making a full set, or at least the trans, since that one seems weaker.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
LOL that is like saying "because I replaced this faulty engine mount with a better one, the other faulty engine mount you put on my car isnt working"

Good luck on the fix tho...

·
Registered
649 Posts
My car is in the dealer right now for a creaking noise. The lead tech appears to think it's a suspension problem but i haven't heard anything from them in a day. I hope it's not the engine mount, that thing has made driving the car much more enjoyable. I don't want it to cause problems.

It was a problem with the lower ball joint apparently

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mark just go to different dealer.....
There is new one just opened in Schaumburg, i take my car only there and they don't care when i bring my car with CEL they just scan it to make sure it's the same one for free!!!!

Good luck with your car man let me know i'll give u directions.......

Later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts