Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had several questions about your catted DP.

1. I live in NJ and I think they do a visual inspection for emission tampering as well as OBDII hook up.
Would the your DP pass the visual inspection?
2. Does the catted DP cause any CELs?
3. Do you do any installations?
4. Is there boost creep with your DP?

Thanks for all your great work. So far I have gotten your Xcel CAI and I just ordered your HKS BOV from Street Unit Performance.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hi,

I had several questions about your catted DP.

1. I live in NJ and I think they do a visual inspection for emission tampering as well as OBDII hook up.
Would the your DP pass the visual inspection?
2. Does the catted DP cause any CELs?
3. Do you do any installations?
4. Is there boost creep with your DP?

Thanks for all your great work. So far I have gotten your Xcel CAI and I just ordered your HKS BOV from Street Unit Performance.
[/b]

bump?
[/b]

So sorry, we were all out of the shop yesterday working on another project, so I wasn't around to respond.

I'm personally not familiar with all the ins-and-outs of the NJ emissions inspection program, but I would suspect that you'd be okay on the visual inspection. As long as there is a functioning cat there, I don't think there will be a problem. I think only tougher states like California automatically fail cars if they replace a functioning cat with another high flow unit because of the CARB board.

The catted downpipe does not cause a CEL...ever. People are getting CEL's on our offroad pipes because there is no cat present. Because the catted pipe has a high flow cat suitable for the power levels of the SPEED6, there won't be any engine error codes.

We typically don't do installs for a variety of reasons, but we will do them for special requests. You would probably be much better off shoping around and finding a mechanic to do it for you, and the reason I say this is because we would have to charge you the full MSRP for the pipe ($729) plus three hours of labor. But if you'd prefer us to do it, you're more than welcome to schedule a time with us to bring your car by. This can be done just about any time during the week as long as you give us a few days notice. Let me know if this is of interest to you.

As far as boost creep, we've been running both and offroad and catted downpipe on a SPEED6 (seoulful's car) for months with no signs of boost creep. And, we haven't heard from anyone who's installed our downpipe that they're getting any boost creep.

Hope this answers your questions, and post some more up if you've got em.

Jordan

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Jordan. The reason was asking about installation was because most tuners or mechanics have yet to work on a MS6. I don't want then to screw up my car. I appreciate your candor on this subject. I'm hoping to do this early next year since I just bought your BOV. My wife is not that happy :laugh: I will look into some local tuners shops for the cost of installation and decide later. Thanks for writing back and answering my questions. :bowdown: .

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thanks, Jordan. The reason was asking about installation was because most tuners or mechanics have yet to work on a MS6. I don't want then to screw up my car. I appreciate your candor on this subject. I'm hoping to do this early next year since I just bought your BOV. My wife is not that happy :laugh: I will look into some local tuners shops for the cost of installation and decide later. Thanks for writing back and answering my questions. :bowdown: .
[/b]

Truly my pleasure. Let us know when you figure things out, and we'll be happy to work with you :)

Jordan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts