Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason to purchase the CP-E Downpipe before there is a tuning solution available? I have the CP-E catback and CAI but am nervous to purchase and install the downpipe? Do potential problems like boost creep, boost spikes and fuel cut make the downpipe a mod that should only be installed after a tuning solution is available?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Is there any reason to purchase the CP-E Downpipe before there is a tuning solution available? I have the CP-E catback and CAI but am nervous to purchase and install the downpipe? Do potential problems like boost creep, boost spikes and fuel cut make the downpipe a mod that should only be installed after a tuning solution is available?
[/b]

I currently have the CP-E intake, catless downpipe, and catback installed. The boost comes on very strong with the initial spike to 22~23psi but it settles down very quickly to about 17psi and it gradually decreases to about 14~15psi by about 6500. While I do have a pretty large boost spike(which I plan on fixing with a boost controller) I don't have any issues with boost creep--the boost spikes then settles and then gradually declines until redline there is nowhere in the rpm range where it ever creeps back up. I have not have any issues with the fuel cut at all.

Even with these mods I still see AFRs in the low 10's at WOT near redline--even during the boost spike the AFR's stay down in the 12's. I have no doubt that the downpipe is a totally safe mod. Tuning will allow you to make more power with these mods, but it's not necessary to make it "safe".

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot man...thats exactly the info im looking for.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the CP-E 3 in catted DP with the CP-E exhaust system 3 piece. I also have the CAI, and tomorrow i will have the FMIC. I have been running this car very hard and i have never had an issue with fuel cut or boost creep. Yes it runs rich but thats a given. I peak at about 18psi but it drops to 16 psi very quick then it goes to about 11-12 psi atfer 6000 rpm. Boost comes on very strong with a high but very very very short spike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts