Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in the cat-less version DP, but my main concern is noise. The benefits are it's cheaper and will make more power, but again, I'm worried about sounding like a dump truck. Has anyone had a turbo back,cat-less setup on any car before??? How loud was it? Bearable?

I've had a cat-less integra with a 2.5 inch exhaust with a header 2.5 inch collector, and it was rediculously loud. I'm trying to make the car fast, and I don't mind noise, but I don't want to start ricing out this car.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am interested in the cat-less version DP, but my main concern is noise. The benefits are it's cheaper and will make more power, but again, I'm worried about sounding like a dump truck. Has anyone had a turbo back,cat-less setup on any car before??? How loud was it? Bearable?

I've had a cat-less integra with a 2.5 inch exhaust with a header 2.5 inch collector, and it was rediculously loud. I'm trying to make the car fast, and I don't mind noise, but I don't want to start ricing out this car.....
[/b]
The turbo really helps to muffle the sounds your hear on your integra. If it's too loud just add a really long resonator.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Well, I'm running an open stock dp with only the first cat, and it sounds like a tractor at low speeds. Sounds great at speed though. The gain are really tremendous IMO. If you get the set-up and it's too loud, then add a resonator or muffler.

·
Registered
788 Posts
yeah for me taking out my second cat and bolting up a 3" exhaust, it was a pretty big seat of the pants increase...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had it on my Supra. Sounded exactly like a UPS truck. Its loud and drones on the freeway. I would gladly give up a couple HP and install the high flow cat.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree. I had a setup on my other turbo mazda and without the cat was mad loud. Go with the high flow cat and I think you will be better off in the onverall package that you want, increase pwr, but less noise. IMO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts