Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of this exhaust installed on their car? I'm looking for rear view pics. I'm wondering how the single muffler setup looks on the car. I'm going to be upgrading to the CP-E CAI and Cat-Back but don't want an installation that looks funny on the stock bodykit/trim.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Does anyone have pics of this exhaust installed on their car? I'm looking for rear view pics. I'm wondering how the single muffler setup looks on the car. I'm going to be upgrading to the CP-E CAI and Cat-Back but don't want an installation that looks funny on the stock bodykit/trim.
[/b]
When the rings are clean, you can't tell at all. Seriously, unless you're kneeling down directly behind the car, you can't tell it's single exit.

The problem is that the car runs so damned rich that keeping the rings clean is a constant battle. If you don't keep them clean, one side is all sooted and black while the other is clean, which looks imbalanced.

I'm thinking of stealing someone else's idea *cough*Ted*cough cough* and painting the rings on both side black. Then whether they're dirty or not, they match.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I would think it'd be a little odd come winter when only one pipe is putting out the steam...

Someday, someone will make an affordable 3" dual...right :huh:

·
Registered
252 Posts
When the rings are clean, you can't tell at all. Seriously, unless you're kneeling down directly behind the car, you can't tell it's single exit.

The problem is that the car runs so damned rich that keeping the rings clean is a constant battle. If you don't keep them clean, one side is all sooted and black while the other is clean, which looks imbalanced.

I'm thinking of stealing someone else's idea *cough*Ted*cough cough* and painting the rings on both side black. Then whether they're dirty or not, they match.
[/b]

I did that to my rings! ROFL

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would think it'd be a little odd come winter when only one pipe is putting out the steam...

Someday, someone will make an affordable 3" dual...right :huh:
[/b]
Working on it. Either making my own or the shop that is going to make the gauge bezel is going to do mine. I'm working on how I want the pipes run to keep the bends down, may mean angling the mufflers some but i dont like how the stock or the magnaflow exhaust make the almost 90 degreee bend into the back of the muffler. ill show a pic once i get the "solid edge" mock up completed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts