Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I saw someone posted they got CP-E CAI for 300, on there site its listed as $329.00. Is this the price everyone has been paying and just refering to it as 300 or is there some way to get it cheaper?

Also, does anyone recommend any other CAI's for performance/pricing/warranty reasons?

I want a CAI but I've seen a few names floating around and unsure on which to get.

On another note, does TurboXS offer any thing besides the tuner, I didn't see anything on there site.

·
Registered
580 Posts
CAI not CIA :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh wow :(

I was thinking of what I wanted to type but not paying attention to what i was typing :p

Where do you get a mazdaspeed intake from?
And are all the gains pretty much the same?

Oh yeah, CP-E CAI, should I get the restore kit with that? Or its a waste?

I had someone tell me they cleaned there filters with brake fluid spray, and then a light coat of transmission fluid to repell water.....

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Gains are going to be similiar.... the Mazdaspeed intake can be had from any of our board sponsors...

I haven't bought the restore kit, but I don't do many miles...

I wouldn't put that on a part of my car that is getting sucked into the motor, but its just me...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Since this oft-repated question surfaced again, it made me think "Gee, wouldn't it be nice if some overachieving member wanted to write up a simple FAQ on the MS6 intake choices..."

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since this oft-repated question surfaced again, it made me think "Gee, wouldn't it be nice if some overachieving member wanted to write up a simple FAQ on the MS6 intake choices..."
[/b]

Do it :) I promise I won't mind..

I did some searchin in MS6 forums and didn't really find any good info, but i only searched cp-e cai or maybe it was cia lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm about to buy a Fujita.. Am I dumb to buy it by price or being a cai it's gains would be minimal anyways..

So should I be concerned with the 2.75 diameter and go with the 3inchers with the neck down? Even though the gains between the systems should be almost identical?

I really don't like the aem and the ms ones because of the extra coupler used. So it's between the cpe and fujita, the price difference is quite large and the hp advantage to the cpe might be non-existant.

Dilema time, I'm in the spending mood ;) Anyone....

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I'm about to buy a Fujita.. Am I dumb to buy it by price or being a cai it's gains would be minimal anyways..

So should I be concerned with the 2.75 diameter and go with the 3inchers with the neck down? Even though the gains between the systems should be almost identical?

I really don't like the aem and the ms ones because of the extra coupler used. So it's between the cpe and fujita, the price difference is quite large and the hp advantage to the cpe might be non-existant.

Dilema time, I'm in the spending mood ;) Anyone....
[/b]

I bought the fujita. I would spend the extra money if I felt that there would be a significant difference between the others. But everyone seems to have had good experience with the Fujita, mine seemed to fit perfect and everything lined up just about right.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
go with cp-e and never look back. a member with the fujita is having boost problems. ill let him speak for himself tho. if i were to make the decision again, i would have spend the extra money for the cp-e rather than the AEM. the quality is unmatched and the company has a very good reputation.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Oh yeah, CP-E CAI, should I get the restore kit with that? Or its a waste?
[/b]
Has anyone tried using an AEM Dryflow filter with the CP-E intake yet? I was thinking this would be a great way to avoid an oiled filter (and thus avoid the risk of using too much oil and fouling the MAF sensor).

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The CP-E comes with a dry filter.
[/b]
Then why do they recommend the Filter Restore Kit, which includes the oil spray?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Not that it hurts to chime in...but I've been happy with the AEM with the dryflow. Product seems nice to me, and if it is the same as the Mazdaspeed product, I shouldn't need to remove it to have warranty work done.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I went with MazdaSpeed CAI because of warranty. I bought it at my dealer and it's warrantied. I paid $550 canadian. The cp-e CAI would of cost me around the same price with taxes, shipping, customs etc...

When I void my warranty, and I will, it's going to be for a lot more than an intake.

As for gains it feels much better in the high end rpm's. Makes a hell of a difference on the track. For me anyway.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The CP-E comes with a dry filter.
[/b]
cpe actually uses an aFe filter, it is oiled. the restore kit directly from aFe is only $12.

I went with MazdaSpeed CAI because of warranty
[/b]
the warranty covers the part for 12months / 12k miles if installed by the dealer.

·
Registered
391 Posts
[/b]
Yeah then you get every other douchebag on the forums "correcting" every stupid minor detail and nit-picking the guy's work, so everyone can see how car-l33t they are.

When I void my warranty, and I will, it's going to be for a lot more than an intake.

[/b]
QFE dude. lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah then you get every other douchebag on the forums "correcting" every stupid minor detail and nit-picking the guy's work, so everyone can see how car-l33t they are.
QFE dude. lol
[/b]
therpmstore.com lowered there price on CAI right after i ordered mine, its now 305 instead of 329

1 - 20 of 20 Posts