Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that when you spend money on something you "make yourself" beleive that its actually producing the results that you want/expect it to BUT-- Do any of you CP-E intake owners have anything negative to say? I dont want to drop 220 or whatever it costs for that intake if all its giving me is "sound".

Anyone?

thanks!!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I will make this as simple as I can, well over 50% of the 6 owners with intakes, have the CPE intake. I don't believe you will find to many owners with any complaints regarding their intakes or any products that they make.

The products are throughly tested and those results are made avaialable to us. So with that being said, if you want to get the best, especially if yoiu have the V6 version of the 6, then get CPE's Mafci, you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will make this as simple as I can, well over 50% of the 6 owners with intakes, have the CPE intake. I don't believe you will find to many owners with any complaints regarding their intakes or any products that they make.

The products are throughly tested and those results are made avaialable to us. So with that being said, if you want to get the best, especially if yoiu have the V6 version of the 6, then get CPE's Mafci, you can't go wrong!
[/b]

i have the Speed.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
i have the Speed.
[/b]
Well, I know of a couple od Speed owners have the product as well and they've not had any issues. Call CPE and ask them questions, believe when I say, if they products were not top quality and did not add the performance that they stated that it would, they would not fare well on this board!

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sadly I have some negatives about CPE. I ordered the bov and cai 4 weeks ago now. When I opened the box the 3-2 inch rubber reducer for the CAI was missing. Its been 8 days since I called them and nothing.

I wrote an email yesterday complaining and asking for the part to be shipped overnight, long story short they didnt do it. Sent me a sarcastic response to boot as well about the part being expensive blah blah etc etc. so its gunna be 5 weeks total to get my cai installed.

The products Ive received are good quality, and until now I was happy with the service. I just wanna get my intake fitted and forget the whole thing. Ill probly use CPE again cuz its the best of the bunch right now for Speed6 parts (I definately have no complaints about quality to be fair), but thats the only reason.

:tear:

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Sadly I have some negatives about CPE. I ordered the bov and cai 4 weeks ago now. When I opened the box the 3-2 inch rubber reducer for the CAI was missing. Its been 8 days since I called them and nothing.

I wrote an email yesterday complaining and asking for the part to be shipped overnight, long story short they didnt do it. Sent me a sarcastic response to boot as well about the part being expensive blah blah etc etc. so its gunna be 5 weeks total to get my cai installed.

The products Ive received are good quality, and until now I was happy with the service. I just wanna get my intake fitted and forget the whole thing. Ill probly use CPE again cuz its the best of the bunch right now for Speed6 parts (I definately have no complaints about quality to be fair), but thats the only reason.

:tear:
[/b]
Sorry to hear your experience with CP-E. I have no negatives. Try emailing Josh or Anthony informing the missing reducer and request a replacement. They seem like a good bunch of guys.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Josh and Anthony's customer service is second only to that of Donny at RPM.

There must be some communication missing, because they send things quickly

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Judging by the above person's username, I'm going to guess that they're living in the UK. And, unfortunately, sometimes the mail system can take a very long time to ship internationally. 4 weeks is not the norm for CP-E, it's usually in your hand within a week. It's not an excuse just a possible explanation.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oh shit didn't wan to hear that. I just ordered a CAI today. I guess I will call tommorrow and check the ship date.
[/b]
To give you mine 2 cents- ordered the CAI and you just have to wait and wait, no confirmation e-mail for days. I called and found out that some parts did not arrived at their plant so I should just be patient. 5 days went by and I was getting worried so I called again. On the phone I found out that my package was ready to ship that day. Well it didn't. Took another 2 days to get it shipped. Well at the end I got it and the quality of it is good, and nothing was missing. Which I am glad, because I can imagine unsupporting e-mails from the ones that I dealt with.

·
Registered
776 Posts
7 days to ship a friggin pipe is too long to wait. I know I am about to get reamed for this but I bet the "other" manufacturer of a CAI does not have shipping delays :( .

I am sure it will be fine but I was hoping to receive it by Friday this week. From the sound of things it does not seem like that will be possible.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Don't forget that CPE is in the process of shipping 35 sets of Headers. They are a small operation and everything is done by 3 guys with other "real" jobs. Patience is the key

·
Registered
998 Posts
I got burned by a small operation on e-bay for a dsm part. Ordered the part, said it'd take 7 days to get to them, they'd 2 day it to me. two weeks later, no response. Week after that I get an email saying it was sent and delivered to me. Interesting as I never had the item. Got my money back, but many companies start out small and get overwhelmed. End up taking peoples money. I'm not saying CP-E is that type, but excuses are like assholes. Everyone has one and some stink worst then others.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, this thread wasnt really set up to bash CP-E. i was just looking for negatives about thier Intake. In all reality, i was looking for someone to say, "dude- its garbage..dont get it...or, Yo- this is the SHIT..get it ASPA" ... so thanks for all your responses and my apologies to CP-E if ths has offended anyone...

thanks for all your help!!

PS- I absolutely LOVE my MS6...What a car!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just get a Speed6 than you wont have to deal with all this intake, wires, missing this and that, missed mailed parts. PITA.

I hate fixing up cars to make it go fast. Thats the factory's job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
well, this thread wasnt really set up to bash CP-E. i was just looking for negatives about thier Intake. In all reality, i was looking for someone to say, "dude- its garbage..dont get it...or, Yo- this is the SHIT..get it ASPA" ... so thanks for all your responses and my apologies to CP-E if ths has offended anyone...

thanks for all your help!!

PS- I absolutely LOVE my MS6...What a car!!
[/b]

Likewise, from me too, the thread asked for experiences so I gave mine. I think ive just been unlucky initially, but am annoyed cuz its taking so long. I want my cai installed.

Im still at work and couldnt call CAI today, but will tomorrow to hopefully straighten everything up, oh and I do live in the USA. :drive:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know many who have cpe products and all have pointed me in thier direction. But... as far as service goes, i placed a call two weeks ago and was directed to outside answering center (desk whatever) and left a message and am still waiting for a call. I hope my phone rings any minute. Still waiting......

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
29 Participants
SVOGT
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing