Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here's the problem. I've got my iPod hooked up via the cd changer port on the stock, non-bose stereo. With the kit that I have, I can set up my playlists with numbers in the playlist name, and then when I want to shuffle from playlist to playlist, I select the disc number (like I would be changing discs on a regular cd changer). Well, today, I turned on my car and hooked up the iPod and the stereo is stuck on disc 6, which is reserved for the iPod settings with the kit that I have. I can't change discs but the iPod is still connected just fine because it still charges, which leads me to believe that the problem is neither the iPod, nor the kit connecting it to the stereo, but rather the stereo itself. Any ideas as to what the hell is going on would be great. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the Neo-Ion kit....basically the Dension sold by another company. I've never had problems with it until today...its been flawless. I checked all the connections tonight...even took apart the dask to make sure it was hooked into the back of the stock head unit, everything was as it should be.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
if you take it to the dealer all they have to say is that you installed an aftermarket piece that made the OEM HU bad, and turn you away with a bill for the service call. if you decide to take it to the dealer remove your AUX-in first.

have you tried removing the Neo-Ion yet? how does the HU respond? if the HU still is stuck on cd-6 with the Neo-Ion removed, then it's a good time to take it to the dealer. i'd leave out the part about your aftermarket kit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you take it to the dealer all they have to say is that you installed an aftermarket piece that made the OEM HU bad, and turn you away with a bill for the service call. if you decide to take it to the dealer remove your AUX-in first.

have you tried removing the Neo-Ion yet? how does the HU respond? if the HU still is stuck on cd-6 with the Neo-Ion removed, then it's a good time to take it to the dealer. i'd leave out the part about your aftermarket kit.
[/b]

Yeah, I was thinking about not saying anything about the kit. But won't the dealer ask why I even care about the Head unit not changing discs if I don't even have a CD changer? It seriously shouldn't even matter either...the kit does nothing different than an actual CD changer would anyway, it simply plugs into the port on the back of the head unit. I know that Mazda will probably give me shit for it anyway, but they're gonna ask as to why I even care. I'm probably screwed either way.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
have you tried a different Neo-ion? is yours under warranty still?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't tried a different Neo-Ion yet, but yes, mine is still under warranty. I think I'm gonna try disconnecting the neg terminal on the battery first and see if resetting the system helps. If not, then I'm gonna take out the head unit, disconnect the Neo-Ion kit and see if I'm still picking up the problem. I figure after doing all that I'll be able to find the source of the issue. As much as it would suck, I'm hoping the the kit just failed and I'll just get a new one, cause if its the head unit, Mazda is gonna be a bitch to deal with. Anyway, thanks for all the input guys, I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input guys. I disconnected the negative terminal, let it sit for a few minutes, and the stereo recognized the iPod right away when I reconnected it. Gotta say, I'm glad it was such an easy fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Newlysixed
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing