Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw several Cosworth parts including a ported cylinder head, a head stud kit, billet crankshaft, rods and rod bearings. Too rich for my taste but I'm sure some of those with more disposable income on this forum will give these parts a serious look.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Whoa! I think I just shat myself!

Damn! I just saw the prices, and it is confirmed; I did shit myself!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Too rich for my blood. I have to give my first born to purchsae all that. LOL!

·
Registered
185 Posts
That cylinder head probably wont work eith our Direct injection because it wont have the bosses machined in for the injectors. Maybe I'm wrong. However, those wiseco forged pistons with the 8.8 compression ratio look yummy. :D

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Cosworth hasn't released anything new for the MZR in almost a year now (excluding the windage tray) so nothing really new here. the price is for the name/heritage, so though they are going to be great pieces for sure....will there pistons be better than Wiseco or Supertech? not much to a non racer. Wisco will cut pistons to whatever compression you want as well for a damn good price if interested as well, and i got my Supertech pistons for WAY less than the Cossie ones.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Cosworth hasn't released anything new for the MZR in almost a year now (excluding the windage tray) so nothing really new here. the price is for the name/heritage, so though they are going to be great pieces for sure....will there pistons be better than Wiseco or Supertech? not much to a non racer. Wisco will cut pistons to whatever compression you want as well for a damn good price if interested as well, and i got my Supertech pistons for WAY less than the Cossie ones.
[/b]
Yes, but, after having the top ring lands crack on a set of otherwise perfect looking pistons from Wiseco, I would definitely question their ability to design pistons for a newer application. In my case, they cut the valve reliefs too big and there wasn't enough material between the ring groove and the valve relief face and it just heated up and cracked through.

Cosworth tests the HELL out of EVERYTHING they sell, so you can say "oh, well, they aren't worth it blah blah blah" but I tell you damn it it surely is worth every freaking penny when you end up stranded with your lesser brand stuff because it was cheaper.

You wanna do it right, get the Cossie stuff, nuff said. Pay up front or pay later your choice.

Plus too Cosworth has tech support that is amazing, literally amazing. They will definitely go out of their way if you have ANY issue, and if they can't do it over the phone they can sometimes get you with someone locally. I am telling you they are a class outfit inside and out.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
my supertechs have held up just fine for the abuse i've put them through. just like anything else, there's always that faulty part....doesn't mean they all are? HiBoost is just shy of 600hp on his Wiseco pistons....not issues on his side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts