Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local COSTCO Discount Warehouse offers a "discount car purchasing program" through authorized/participating dealers. It is hard to get specific information regarding the price, but have heard they offer a price $500 above dealer invoice. Has anyone used this program? Any comments or suggestions?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Reading Topic: COSTCO's Discount Price?

Given the current market, $500 above invoice is $500 too high. As I posted elsewhere, I had no problem obtaining multiple bids at invoice price to order a 6s with everything except the sun roof and sport package.

·
Registered
305 Posts

FStephen,

Depends on where you are, though. California is not like, oh, Earth. :) You have a zillion dealers around, so they're going to offer good deals.

If someone's in, say, Tempe Arizona or Bumfart, Kentucky, there may only be two or three dealers within range. In that case, $500 over invoice is an EXCELLENT deal.

Frankly, I don't have a problem paying $500 over invoice for a car. I'd prefer my dealer make enough money to still be around when I need factory service down the road.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Denny, good point about the number of dealers here, but don't worry about the dealers making money. They do almost no work for an ordered car, yet keep the entire holdback. They also make good money on service and parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts