Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search (probably not a good one) to see what the price would be to get a shop to mount and balance tires that you got online and got nothing. I just got Toyo Proxes 4 from Edge Racing ($82 each for 215/50/17!!!!) and was wondering if anyone knew what the average price or a good place to take them to get the mounted and balance???

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
For this you will need to pick up the phone and call around. The cost varies so much around the country, it will be difficult to apply prices in Texas to New York. Plus, because you bought them on the internet, expect to pay much more to mount and balance them than if you had bought at a local dealer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For this you will need to pick up the phone and call around. The cost varies so much around the country, it will be difficult to apply prices in Texas to New York. Plus, because you bought them on the internet, expect to pay much more to mount and balance them than if you had bought at a local dealer.
[/b]
Thanks

I know that i got to call around, talk to one guy at work and said expect to pay like $100 to have it done. I just wanted to get an idea what other people might have paid or done in the same situation. I wish that i knew some one who owned a shop that i can just take it to :(

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had my Toyo Proxes4 225/45/17's just installed 2 days ago at a local Merchant's tire (had some friends that have been to this specific shop and loved it), here was my total :)

Mount Alloy: 5.99 each
Wheel balance: 8.99 each

Hopefully this will give you some idea, they did a decent job, I've got some tire scuffs I need to get off but other than that after 2 days I have been happy!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I had my Toyo Proxes4 225/45/17's just installed 2 days ago at a local Merchant's tire (had some friends that have been to this specific shop and loved it), here was my total :)

Hopefully this will give you some idea, they did a decent job, I've got some tire scuffs I need to get off but other than that after 2 days I have been happy! [/b]
that is very cheap, I would say on average expect between $100 and $125 especially if you bought them elsewhere...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hopefully this will give you some idea, they did a decent job, I've got some tire scuffs I need to get off but other than that after 2 days I have been happy!
[/b]
Damn mad cheap. To bad no Merchants in NY, some in PA but to damn far. I might try Sams Club (Cosco to the west coast) and see if they will do it seeing they have a tire center

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I recently had some 18s mounted and balanced (tires also bought on the net). I looked around the places close to me and Mavis was $25 per tire, I wanted cheaper so I asked some non-chain places, they wanted $50 per tire...needless to say I went back to Mavis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts