Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Cost of Mazda6 in USA'

US prices has not yet been specified. But if you browse around and see what it costs in other markets, you can perhaps estimate it

Price also depend on what you mean with "fully loaded" and what body you prefer. Hatches and estates are more expensive.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Price also depend on what you mean with "fully loaded" and what body you prefer. Hatches and estates are more expensive.[/b]
Can anyone explain the derivation of "estate" for a car? (Not that I can explain 'station wagon' very well). In America, usually the only time you talk about somebody's "estate" is when they are dead (or declare bankruptcy). So I get the image of the "estate" as a black hearse-like vehicle that is designed to haul around dead bodies.

I suppose that could be why wagons are called estates in Europe.

MM

·
Registered
305 Posts

Not to mention "saloon," which in the USA is somewhere where you go to get drunk...

(Then again, knowing some of my British cousins... :) )

·
Registered
23 Posts

I am estimating 23K, that's about how much I think I'm gonna spend on my 6. :p

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by MightyMazda

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Price also depend on what you mean with "fully loaded" and what body you prefer. Hatches and estates are more expensive.[/b]
Can anyone explain the derivation of "estate" for a car? (Not that I can explain 'station wagon' very well). In America, usually the only time you talk about somebody's "estate" is when they are dead (or declare bankruptcy). So I get the image of the "estate" as a black hearse-like vehicle that is designed to haul around dead bodies.

I suppose that could be why wagons are called estates in Europe.

MM[/b][/quote]

Actually, I think we have to blame Volvo for this. They invented the term "Herrgårdsvagn", "Estate wagon" to give a higher profile to a body type that earlier in Sweden was called "Kombi" or "Combination wagon" as it would be in english.

"Kombi" wasn't classy enough. Hence the term "Estate" which became the translation.

Anyway, I guess every real estate has to have its own station.

:D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

The brands give the stationwagons different names

Volvo -> Estate (now V40, V70)
Mercedes -> Combi
Nissan -> Esate
Alfa -> Sportwagon
Mazda -> Wagon (now SportBreak)
Peugeot -> Break (now also SW)
Fiat -> SW of Weekend

etc

·
Registered
19 Posts

A dealer at Edmunds' Town Hall posted the following option packages and preliminary prices FOR MANUAL TRANSMISSION CARS. He also had info on auto packages/prices but I didn't bother to copy that stuff.

Mazda 6i
Base=$19,050
Base/Premium=$19,950
Base/Premium/Comfort/Leather/Moonroof/Sport=$22,570
Base/Premium/Comfort/Leather/Moonroof/Sport/Abs-TCS/Airbags/Audio=$24,305

Mazda6s
Base=$21,620
Base/Sport/Audio=$23,115
Base/Comfort/Leather/Moonroof=$23,380
Base/Comfort/Leather/Moonroof/Sport/Abs-TCS/Airbags/Audio=$25,325

Based on this information, the spec sheet is misleading in that the number of combinations is really limited unless they are "Port Installed Options". From what I understand, this is typicall of Mazda's products. The prices apparently include destination.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11

The price and option combinations posted above are for manual cars.
There are more variations for automatic cars.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Ickes

A dealer at Edmunds' Town Hall posted the following option packages and preliminary prices. Based on his information, the spec sheet is misleading in that the number of combinations is really limited unless they are "Port Installed Options". From what I understand, this is typicall of Mazda's products. The prices apparently include destination.

Mazda 6i
Base=$19,050
Base/Premium=$19,950
Base/Premium/Comfort/Leather/Moonroof/Sport=$22,570
Base/Premium/Comfort/Leather/Moonroof/Sport/Abs-TCS/Airbags/Audio=$24,305

Mazda6s  
Base=$21,620
Base/Sport/Audio=$23,115
Base/Comfort/Leather/Moonroof=$23,380
Base/Comfort/Leather/Moonroof/Sport/Abs-TCS/Airbags/Audio=$25,325[/b]
Woohoo! Off to MazdaUSA.com to look at packages!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

You haven't got this yeat?

Somehow some markets think that wagons are broken (wagon=break or sport break...)

:sarc

It's a strange world, indeed!:D

·
Registered
19 Posts

"SportBreak" is probably derived from the British "Shooting Brake" which was used to describe Estates/Wagons with a curved off roof reminicent of the current Merc C-Class Estate...

·
Registered
305 Posts

Hmmm. Those prices aren't very impressive compared to what the folks above the northern border (a mere hour from me!) are paying. Bummer.

Hmm... No hatch, and higher prices in our market.

Autolust... level... decreasing. :(

·
Registered
126 Posts

Base/Sport/Audio=$23,115

That's pretty good for a V6 machine

2003 Accords are 26,000 for V6's

in the US

·
Registered
22 Posts

I dunno, but the prices better be cheaper than a passat that is simialirly equipped or im buying a passat, price would be the only thing that would change my mind. Invoice on a 03 passat gls with moonroof, leather, auto and esp, is like 24,000 even give or take, got exaxt numbers but didnt feel like cutting and pasteing them all. i Can pick it up for 200 over invoice, however if i can get a mazda 6 with all the things that the passat has for like a grand or two less i will go with that instead.

·
Registered
22 Posts

also, will invoice pricing be available on this date as well? I am not paying msrp on a new car period, Making thousands on a consumer for a car is just not ethical to me, becuase they will also be making money off of our maintience and all that too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts